Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Decade Old


May 20, 1998 at 4:31 p.m. you entered the world weighing in at 7 lbs. and 1 oz. You were 18 1/2 inches long. I saw immediately that you had your daddy's good looks and my dimple. A boy!! I was thrilled.

I didn't grow up with brothers so I new nothing about little boys and what they were like. I saw many commercials on T.V. that would show a boy interact with his mother and I new I wanted one. They seemed to have a very special kind of relationship with their mommy. Now I have one and can experience that special relationship.

Today it is May 20, 2008 and my darling boy, you are a decade old. You are tall, handsome, very loving, and sensitive to those who are hurting. You love to draw, build forts, skate board and ride bikes. Your into maps of any kind, love history of the United States and I believe you would make a great lawyer someday, because you are so good at arguing. You're definitely black and white in your thinking and desire justice. You love to read your Bible in bed, you're very funny, and will still sit on my lap in the rocking chair. You always remember to kiss me goodbye in the morning, or hug me tight when I pick you up from school. Oh yeah, I have to mention that I appreciate how you usually empty the dishwasher in the mornings without being told.

I thank God every day for giving me such a beautiful boy for me to raise. I ask him to give me wisdom and lots of patience, and help me to do my job in disciplining, teaching, nurturing, and to "train up a child in the way he should go" knowing that "when he is old , he will not depart form it" (Proverbs 22:6).

Thank you Jeffrey for being you!! God made you very special and has a wonderful plan for your life. Your daddy and I love you very much and look forward to all the JOY you will bring us in the next decade. Happy 10th Birthday beautiful boy!!!!

1 comment:

runninggal said...

It is so sad to me how fast these children grow up. I want to press pause sometimes as I just love where my kids are at but then the next month I see new things that bring such joy and am glad for forward motion!!

Happy b-day Jeff!
http://runninggalinsights.blogspot.com/

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online