Saturday, December 6, 2008

Dear Friends!!




Our friends from Eugene are vacationing at Eagle Crest for 10 days. On Friday, I got to spend most of the day with my dear friend Alisa. We went shopping at the Outlet Mall and then had a yummy lunch at a Mexican place. We talked and talked, catching up on our busy lives. And what a busy life she and her husband lead. Neil is the senior pastor at a good sized church in Eugene. They have six children, five girls and one boy. They are also foster parents and regularly take in children to love and minister to.to. All the kids are home schooled and they are so delightful. I love how well my kids play with theirs. For hours they all played so well together, enjoying each others company. Michael and Neil talked and talked and Alisa and I tackled my never ending mess in my bedroom.

You might think this a funny thing to do when company comes over, I did too, but this is the joy of having a close friend who knows you so well and accepts you for how ever you are. The messy, disorganized, cluttery you. I don't just show my room to any one. This is the one place I can't seem to keep clean or should I say clutter free. I have piles of clothes that need to go to Goodwill, and piles of books, and magazines and boxes of junk that never gets sorted. My only excuse is that I just don't or won't find the time to do it. I would rather play with the family or I am just too busy cleaning the other part of the house. So Alisa and I tackled the impossible and had a blast talking while doing it. Several hours later, we saw the fruit of our labor, a bedroom that I could be proud of. A floor that I could see and fellowship with a dear friend that will last a lifetime. If only my room could stay this way for a lifetime!!!

Then on Sunday the Johnston family joined us at church. It was their 17th Anniversary so after church their six kids, ranging in age from 12 to 4 came over to play all day with our four so Neil and Alisa could get an anniversary date! I can't say enough about how well our kids pair up and play. Katie, is Mandi's age and they have been faithful friends for as long as they have known each other. Mary is 10 and is Jeff's age. They went to kindergarten together and they were inseparable. Annie is 9 and Emma just loves her. Isaac is almost 8 and is the only boy amongst those five girls. Then there is Jane who is six and Elizabeth who is four. Josh played great with both these girls. I hardly noticed that there were 10 kids in the house. It was much louder in our home after they left!!

On Tuesday Josh and I had the pleasure of hanging out with Alisa and Elizabeth at Outside In. It was nice to just sit and talk while the kids played and do more catching up. While we were there Katie and Amanda stayed home (yes, I pulled Mandi out for a day so she could be with her friend).

Thank you Johnston Family for blessing our week with your presence. You are greatly loved by all of us and we look forward to your yearly trips to Eagle Crest. I just hope it isn't a year until we see you again. I know the kids are very excited about communicating via e-mail and snail mail to keep in touch. God bless you greatly as you continue your ministry there in Eugene.




2 comments:

runninggal said...

I count myself blessed and honored that I have been one of the friends in your life to have seen your bedroom! I'd gladly help you clean and organize it :)

Think of it as your creative space - projects waiting for their place of blessing!

threemainboys said...

Hey friend, I've been reading your blog for the last few days and love it. I've been working graveyard and it gets pretty quiet around 4am. Since I'm stuck at a desk and cant get up, at least I can do some reading on the computer! I love the picture of you and Alisa, she certainly hasn't changed one bit,huh? Tell your family hello for me. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks at Christmastime. Maybe I'll have my tree decorated by then...
your 30 year old friend in GP.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online