Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!


Dad,

I love you and appreciate you so much. I am so thankful to have you for "my" dad! Your love and dedication to us is so great. When I think about you, I think of how hard you work, how loving you are and what a Godly man you are. You have always put your family first and are always there for us no matter what. Michael, the kids and I are hoping to make it for your b-day, but if weather doesn't permit, please know that we really wanted to help you celebrate YOUR day. I hope that your birthday is wonderful; filled with lots of love and laughter of the family that you do have with you. Thanks again for being a man that shows God's love daily to the people around you.

I love you- Kristin and family

*********************************************
We are hoping to leave tomorrow after church for our Christmas vacation. As I am typing this, it is snowing pretty heavily outside and I am starting to wonder if waiting a day would be best.

I can't think of many Christmas Eve's that Michael hasn't been doing a service. Ever since moving away from parents we have either stayed home or traveled on Christmas day. This year Pastor Tucker gave Michael the service off so we could be in Grants Pass for Christmas Eve. This was the one present Michael's mom wanted; to have everyone together on Christmas Eve. So we are able to start our vacation earlier than normal. We were going to start it by going to Salem and celebrating my Dad's birthday and seeing my side of the family for a couple of days. Then we would head down to GP. This snow storm, that I am just loving, is just happening on the wrong day! I imagine it is changing a lot of people's traveling plans. With a Tahoe I thought, no problem, but safety comes first.

So, in case I don't make it, again, for my dad's birthday.... I wanted to wish him a wonderful birthday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i know!! We were supposed to go to Portland first, do Christmas with my family and then head to medford to do it with Cory's family before going to our beach house in Florence for about 10 days - and alas, we stay home, waiting for the right day to go.

But, we are making the most of it! I am working on our KING quilt and then this afternoon, we get to meet up with some friends to go XC skiing. So, our home is being transformed into a winter vacation cabin - skiing every day, hot cocoa, Christmas music, and lots of family game time!

My brother is stranded in Denver en route home from shows in Wisconsin to Portland where he supposed to be part of 9 services on Tues and Wed (that I am supposed to help him with) - but we are all on hold for that too.

We did all our shopping in Christmas and left all the kids gifts in P-town - so if we can't get there, the kids will literally not have anything to open on Christmas day!! Won't do that again!

Merry Christmas! Hope you are feeling better.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online