Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hawaii Trip -Part 2














Ok- I am now ready to post the next part to our Hawaiian trip to Oahu.

If you missed Part 1 you can click here to read about our transportation there.

So it was around 1:00 in the afternoon when we arrived at the Ko'Olina Beach Resort. Yes, my wonderful navigation skills did get us there. Michael and I were pleasantly surprised to be at such a beautiful, family fun resort.


Michael had asked prior to getting there if they had an ocean room that might be available. He had mentioned that it was our 15th anniversary. I am sure they get a lot of that, but it doesn't hurt to ask, right? Actually, I am not the type to ask, so, I leave that all up to the hubby. I usually get embarrassed asking such questions, because I figure that the answer will be no. Michael, on the other hand, feels no shame in at least asking. And...it usually pays off in some way.

So, the answer was no, but we will do our best to put you in a room that has a nice view.


Indeed, they did find a room that had a nice view. We ended up being on the fifth floor. I think there were 10 floors in all. If it wasn't an ocean view it was a mountain view or a view of the other buildings. We had two beautiful palm trees that shaded us from the sun and gave us privacy from the other buildings. But we were very excited to get a partail ocean view. If you sit just in the right place on the deck there it was!!! This picture is a close up of our partial ocean view. The one above shows the ocean view like we actually saw it (from the corner of the lanai).



The accommodations far exceeded our expectations! I could have lived in this mini apartment for the whole time. It was so sweet!! But, alas, we were in Hawaii and staying in would be a shame!!

It had a full kitchen, living room, bedroom and a his and hers "getting ready area" just in case I didn't want to be around my husband. Of course, that wasn't the case! But, it did come in handy. His space...always clean!!! Mine, is always a major mess. I know that Michael appreciated his own space and was glad that I had mine.











There was a shower bathroom and a tub bathroom. The tub space was mine. I actually never take baths. I don't like them much, but I dreamt that I liked them. Still, I didn't touch it! There was a window from the tub to the bedroom. It had shutters on it. Cute, don't you think. Really, I am not sure it has any other function except to make the man happy.

So, there you have it!!! A sneak peak into our lovely Hawaiian accommodations.


Part 3 of our trip will be about our first full day in Hawaii; our day trip to Hanaumu Bay and Waikiki Beach. Though I can't really guarantee when that will be posted. Summer, kids, housework, reviewing homeschool curriculum, babysitting, piano lessons, taxing kids around, (do you get the point?) is keeping me away from the blog.

Have a great day,


No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online