Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Taking A Break


It has been many moons since I have blogged. Summer life is much too busy for me to be on the computer. I guess you can say that I am boycotting it!

Quick update for those who may still look occasionally (ie. my mother).


Natalie, my niece, who had surgery a couple of weeks ago is doing great! It was a success and the doctor was so pleased with the outcome; better than he thought. She is full of energy and getting into mischief like normal. I have heard great stories of how funny and brave she was in the hospital. Of course she was loved by all!

At one point she took her I.V. tube and put it to her mouth like a micro phone and started singing "Holy, Holy, Holy". Michael was so proud! In no time at all she'll be on the worship team.

We took a short but sweet family vacation to Grants Pass. Played in Nana's pool a lot and kicked around our home town. It was fun to take the kids to our old houses. There were a lot of them. Time flies by fast! There are so many wonderful memories in that town.

Our favorite day was the four mile hike down the lower Rogue River to Rainy Falls. Boy was there a lot of poison oak! We ate lunch on the rocks and watch the fish jump the rapids. There were some large trout trying to get back up stream to spon. After a wonderful hike we headed to the Galice Store for ice cream. This cute little store/restaurant was where I spent my summer waitressing before I married Michael. I remember one Friday night he surprised me. He drove down from Portland and was sitting at one of my tables. It was Karaoke night and he lovingly sang, "Somewhere Out There". You know... the mouse song. Galice was also the place we had our rehearsal dinner. Again, great memories.

Monday, I had a job interview at an Elementary school in town. I heard today that they gave the job to someone else. I was a bit bummed, but feel at peace with the decision. I applied so I could try and keep the kids at the Christian school.

Even though I didn't get the job the kids are going back. We have a good portion of the monthly bill gifted to us by family. Thank you- the kids are so happy they are returning. God is also growing my piano business. He provides just what we need at the right time. Why do I ever worry?

I am excited for school to start and to get back into a daily schedule. I really need it in my life. Michael worked out my weekly schedule for me tonight. He is trying to get me organized so I can relax. I don't do schedules, but I might just do his. It looks good on paper. He has me exercising every morning at 6:00. We'll see about that. :) I have been complaining all month how I have no time to exercise. See what happens when you complain?

Actually, I have a friend who wants to lone me her gym membership while she tries something else out. It looks tempting and I am going to go check out the gym when she gets home from vacation. To be honest, I am a bit intimidated by the gym. Everyone looks so fit! Michael says that's because they go to the gym. Yeah, I know, but I am thinking I should get in shape before I go so I don't stand out like a sore thumb. HMMMM, I think I better just get over it and go. They have some pretty great classes but guess what... they are all in the early morning! I will have to become an early bird, not a night owl!

Well so much for just posting a cute little cartoon about taking a break from the computer. I guess I had more to say than I thought. Now my sweet hubby has fallen asleep without me. Time to tip toe upstairs and get in bed without a peep.


Oh yeah, did I mention I'm taking a break from my blog? I'll be back when I have something to say.

Enjoy the last couple of weeks of summer!! Make special memories with the kids. They grow up much too fast.


2 comments:

Amanda said...

I think I need to break too! Yet, here I am.

Jennifer in OR said...

Hi Kristin, been thinking about you. Sounds like you've had a terrific summer, and busy, too. Same here.

I'm glad to hear the good report on your niece. God is faithful in all things.

I hope no one got into the poison oak!

love jen

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online