Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Fun Surprise!!


At 10 o'clock on Sunday morning I was sitting with the kids in our living room with pj's still on and very bad bed hair. We were having our very own church service. You see, I got absolutely no sleep the night before, and looked like death warmed over. I had no plans on attending Sunday service.

After I was done reading the passage of Scripture to the children and having a serious heart to heart with one of my kids over the meaning of that passage, Mandi suggested we get ready fast and try and make the service. All I have to say was I am so glad that second service starts as late as it does.

We walked in a few minutes late. For those who know me well, I hate to be late. I also hate to miss the worship time. Mandi and I took our usual seats in the front row and finished singing the song. Michael told us to greet one another and as I turned to greet, my mom and dad caught my eye!

They drove two hours from the Salem area to come to our church and to see us for the day, and I had no idea. What a beautiful and wonderful surprise. Earlier that morning, when I couldn't sleep I entertained the idea of piling the kids into the car and visit my parents for the day and even surprise them at their church. It was something I so badly wanted to do but knew that I would have a hard time doing with the amount of sleep I had that night.

We had a wonderful day with them and it was just what I needed to pick up my spirits.

No matter how old I get or how busy I get in life, I still need my parents. Whether it is talking to them on the phone and telling them all my pains and trials or reading about their day on face book, or seeing them only for a few hours on a Sunday- my day is instantly better!!

I pray that my kids will desire my presence and advice and love as much as I need my parents.

Thanks mom and dad for the fun surprise on Sunday!! It made my week so much better!


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I thought I left a comment and for some reason it didn't show up...so a recap of my comment: I loved this post. I love my parents...I talk to my mom everyday and hope that one day my kids will look at me the way I look at my mom. Also I think you are such a good mommy...I love having those living room scripture moments. :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online