Thursday, October 1, 2009

Please Pray for Josh


I want to make this real quick. This morning when I was dressing Joshy for school I noticed that he had a bump on his leg in the exact same location where his staff infection was a year and a half ago.

For those who don't know what happened back then-

Josh had a mysterious lump on his leg that grew in size very quickly. I mean it doubled, like to the size of a golf ball. We took him in and the doctor had blood test ordered to make sure that it wasn't lymphoma or anything and then prescribed antibiotics. I was at a our women's conference when I got the call that the blood test came back fine, but by the time I got home my baby (4) was running a high fever of 105, and the lump had grown even bigger and now was bright red. We took him in right away and the doctor that saw him emitted him right away to the hospital. The next morning he had surgery to remove the infection.

So- Here we are a year and a half later. The doc says that it is the same infection. She said that only 5% of patients get it a second time. Well, Josh is in the 5%. We are currently giving him strong antibiotics and watching him closely. This lump is very painful to him and he is a little worried that he will have to have surgery again. The doctor is thinking that we caught it in time but we are not in the clear yet.

Please pray that this (very expensive, but well worth it) antibiotic will do it's job and we will not have a repeat surgery. Pray that I will set my mind on God and not be anxious. I can handle myself dealing with sickness and pain, but when it's my child that a whole different thing. I am very weary of all the medical problems we have continuously had the last four years and desire rest from them. I do know that God is good and faithful. I hold on to those truths!!

Thanks so much for your continued prayers!


4 comments:

Amanda said...

Kristin, That has to be so hard to got through...again! I'll be praying, keep us updated!

Alisa Johnston said...

Praying Kristin!

threemainboys said...

(((((BIG HUG))))) to you and your family and Josh. Will definately keep you guys in prayer. Love you friend.
Mandy

Yule {b}Log said...

Wow. I didn't even know. We will pray for Josh. We will also pray for you. I know a sick child is hard on mama.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online