Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Winter Wonderland


Alas, the snow is here and weather calls for warm coats, hats, boots and gloves. It is cold outside! This is my kind of weather. I love sitting by the fire with a cup of hot cocoa watching the snow fall so beautifully to the ground. Everything seems a little more peaceful around the house when it is cold and white outside. I have noticed that the kids calm down a little more, and I slow down a lot more to enjoy the scenery outside. Of course this means little is getting done in the house because I just want to sit and take in the wintry wonderland.

The Christmas song I love so much, "It's Beginning to Look A lot Like Christmas" is playing and three cute little kids are contently playing with play dough around my kitchen table. I hated sending my older kids out the door to school today. I was praying and hoping for a school day! Can I pray for that!! This weather makes me want to keep my kiddos close to me. I invision baking sugar cookies and fudge, and make a popcorn garland. I dream of a stroll in the snow, throwing snowballs at one another and making the biggest snowman with a carrot nose and stick arms. Of course it is a bit too cold for that!!

I hope you are all staying warm and cozy during this cold spell. Slow down and find something special to do with your children. Make that hot cocoa and stick a yummy candy cane in it. Better yet, stick a scoop of peppermint ice cream in it. YUMMY!!! I love this flavor during the holidays. It is a bit hard to find though. The stores sell out fast. Micael had to dig to find the one he found, and then it goes way to fast in this house!!







Have a happy, cozy day! Stay warm!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

You're such a good mommy, Kristin! And, yes, we're loving our big amounts of snow here in the valley, too! And, YES, we need to talk soon! ...another date night sure would be fun:)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online