Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy 14th Birthday Mandi!!!


I can't explain how bitter sweet it was yesterday celebrating my oldest daughter's 14th birthday. On one hand it is so sad to say goodbye to the younger, needing mommy age but wonderfully sweet to see how God is growing my beautiful Amanda. She is lovely in every single way and a huge blessing to me.

I think I cried several times yesterday thinking over all the milestones in her 14 years of life. They were tears of happiness over the most wonderful memories. I love revisiting the past, but am so excited to think of the future and the places she'll go and the things she'll do for God. I know that He has an amazing plan for her.

My prayer is that I will be the loving, listening, encouraging mother that she needs as she goes through these last few years at home. I want to be a safe place for her, someone she can always talk to no matter what. I want to nag less about the little things that aren't that important.

*******************************************************************

Happy Birthday Sweet Mandi! You are so beautiful both inside and out. Your inner beauty is truly a reflection of God's great love. You shine sweet lady and I hope you keep that contagious smile going. It brightens my day, every day!! Keep Jesus first in your life. Let Him be your constant when the world and friends and even parents and siblings may not. Your are the princess of the Most High King. He created you and fashioned you so perfect.

There is not a detail in your life that God will not help you with. Commit all your ways to Him. God has a definite set of plans for your life and He is the One who will guide you every single step of the way. The Bible is full of verses that proclaim this truth! Here are some of those wonderful scriptures to dwell upon.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord ... "(Psalm 37:23)

"A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps." (Proverbs 16:9)

"But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, and will be secure, without fear of evil." (Proverbs 1:33)


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5)

"Thus says the Lord, Your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you by the way you should go." (Isaiah 48:17)

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass ... Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him." (Psalm 37:4,7)

Thank you for bringing your father and I and so many other people Joy by how you live your life. I can't wait to see what the future holds for you. Happy Birthday!

All my Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Yule {b}Log said...

Your daughter is beautiful. Inside and out. I'm happy you moved here so I can get to know her.

runninggal said...

Mandi brightens my every day too. Her joy for life, God, and relationships is beyond her years. I marvel at her, every time she says something or I see her in the hall with other students or I get to teach her more music...

I am so blessed to get to hang out with her!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online