Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Disneyland Vacation 2010



We had the wonderful opportunity to have a once in a lifetime Disneyland vacation thanks to Mom and Dad Kuhlman. This was a dream of my mother-in-laws to take the kids to Disneyland before they were all grown up. I know that this vacation could have not been possible without them.

We spendt five wonderful and exciting days exploring Disneyland and California Adventure Land. There is so much to see and do. I think in five days we pretty much did all we could do there!

A huge goal for the kids was to get as many autographs of the Disney characters as they could. I think last time Emma counted she got 26 signatures. We have just as many pictures of these characters posing with the four kids.

Josh was the perfect age and height for this trip. He was tall enough to go on all the rides but one. He loves fast, exciting rides. He also still loved the fantasy part of Disneyland and really enjoyed Fantasy Land. Emma on the other hand thought those rides were too slow and a little boring. She wanted Space Mountain and California Screamin. She also was a bit old to enjoy the princesses. I guess she is out of that stage. However, she has two young cousins that love the Disney Princess' and stood in long lines to get their autograph and picture for them.

Jeff and Amanda loved it all!! Jeff always seemed to be 20 feet ahead of us ready to take on the next ride or attraction. He loved the water rides best, especially when he got soaked!! Mandi went to Disney World when she was one so it was so much fun to take her again at 14. I can't believe my baby is that old. I am so glad we had a chance to do this trip while she was still living with us. I know that it will be not long before she is out of the house and away at college.

I didn't get to experience the long trip down to Disneyland. Because of the many hours in the car and my neck problems the best choice for me was to fly. In two hours I was down there. I never heard any bickering or those famous words "are we there yet." I didn't have to remind the kids to do their homework, or be cramped in a car with seven people. Thanks to Michael, Nana and Papa all that was taken care of for me. All I had to do was show up to the airport on time. I did miss all of that though. I love road trips and I was a bit sad that I was away from the family.

All in all it was a wonderful trip where we made so many memories and I am so thankful that our family had the opportunity to experience Disneyland!! Thanks Mom and Dad for taking us!! We had so much fun!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online