Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hiking and Camping @ Silver Falls *************June 2009*************


Michael booked this sweet little cabin in the Silver Falls campground so that we could have a nice, memorable time with the kids before we took off to Hawaii. I wasn't too thrilled at first about packing for a "sort of" camping trip and a Hawaiian trip at the same time. It just seemed like a lot of work for one night. It was....but, I have to say, that it was tons of fun and I can't wait to go back. Yes, I even loved the cabin. I (who grew up going camping many times in a summer) was very comfortable in this little cabin.

The three older kids slept in a tent and Michael, Josh and I slept in the cabin. I think it is a perfect way to camp, however, I can't wait to do it the old fashion way.

We also hiked one of the easier hikes at Silver Falls State Park, South Falls. It was short and sweet, but just what the kids needed that day. Someday I would love to do the whole loop. I hear it is just beautiful and you'll get a lot of exercise!

If you would like more info on Silver Falls check out these great websites: Oregon.com, Oregonstateparks.org and Salemoregon.com.

Like I said in my earlier blog, my family from Aumsville, which is just 25 min. away came to help me celebrate my birthday. My mom brought all the fixings for hot dogs and some yummy sides and a cake.

I really enjoyed having all my family around me.






















6 comments:

runninggal said...

we were there the same exact night! In larger cabins though...and we stayed 2 night...it was for our fam reunion. Weather was perfect, wasn't it!

Amanda said...

Those are GREAT photos, I love the one of Josh and Emma on the porch! xoxo!

Yule {b}Log said...

I wish I was there!

Lisa Marie said...

Looks like you had fun! We love Silver Falls. We go there every chance we get, although we've never stayed overnight in a cabin. We'll have to try that! Can't wait to see pics from your Hawaii trip!! :)

Karyn said...

Looks like you need some bigger buns...Ha ha! For your hot dogs lol!

I love Silver Falls, haven't been there in years though.

emma said...

I love you mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Emma k.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online