Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Central Christian Talent Show


The whole family just got back from the Central Christian Talent Show. After watching 28 different students ranging from first through sixth grade and talents such as lip syncing Miley Cyrus songs, piano solos, puppet shows and much more; we finally got to see what we went there for. Mandi!! She was in two different acts: the first one she was playing and singing the worship song,"Trading My Sorrows",and then Mandi and her friend Samantha did a dance to the song "Let It Go", by a Christian group I didn't know.

It is a little nerve racking as a parent when your child comes home and says she is going to be in the talent show. I want to empower them to pursue these things, yet protect them from the mess ups and possible embarrassments. But what would life be like if we were all discouraged or too afraid to try? All I wanted to do was to give her the courage to go for it, and to let her know that with determination and hard work she CAN DO IT!! Then it was her daddy that taught her tonight to direct everything she did to the Lord, because it was God that gave her the talent and ability in the first place. No matter how things went if it was directed to Him then God would get the glory.

I try not to brag too much about my kids but I just have to say... I was extremely proud of my oldest child tonight. It brought tears to my eyes when she played the piano and sang "Trading My Sorrows". This is such a beautiful worship song and I could tell that Mandi was singing it to the Lord. Her voice was so beautiful! Maybe she will take after her daddy and be a worship leader someday. I also had a lot of fun watching her dance! They looked like they were having so much fun up there.

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Kristin- Mandi is absolutely beautiful! Just like her mommy! Sounds like she really touched your heart last night. How fun! I love love love reading your blog. This is such a fun way to document our daily lives, huh? Oh, I think I missed a call from you yesterday...let's talk soon. :)

Amanda said...

I would have loved to have seen Mandi perform, she looks so pretty. I'm sure it was fun to watch her, in spite of the mom-nervousness. It's good for our children to suceed, to fail sometimes too. We just have to pray them through the failures! :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online