Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'll Love You Forever

Another Sunday! I love Sundays and seem to live my life waiting for them. Most Sundays of my married life, I wake up with my husband gone (at Church) and four beautiful children to get ready for church. I remember the hard years when the children were much younger and getting them ready meant doing everything. We struggled getting to church on time and I was that frazzled mommy walking into church looking for anyone to help me.

Wow, has it changed. It is very sad in a way because it means my little ones are not so little. Now they can feed, bathe, and dress themselves and usually they are waiting on me to hurry up so we are not late. In a way, I really miss those days when they were younger. How nice it would be to sit them around the kitchen table again and throw them a lump of play dough and watch them create (a mess) something beautiful with their tiny hands. Or to have them sit on my lap in the rocker and just cuddle with me. O.K., I do have a couple kids yet who love to do that; one's over 100 pounds and has no reservation about plopping down on my lap. May it never end!

There is a sweet book out there that shows the mamma rocking her son every night and even when he grew older she would go in the night to his house and rock him. She would sing to him, "I love you forever, I will love you for always, as long as I am living my baby you'll be." The end of the book shows a very old lady, the mommy being rocked by her son, and he is sing that same sweet song to her. It is so precious. The book is called, "I'll Love You Forever".


So today, I awoke to a quiet house thinking I was the first one up pleasantly surprised to find my children contently playing with one another in a bedroom. My husband had thoughtfully opened all the windows downstairs to let in the cool air in preparation for the 95 degree weather we are having and I made a bee-line to the coffee maker to make my cup of Joe. It is so peaceful. No one knows I am up, so for a few short minutes I can reflect how my children are growing up so quickly. It is a little sad, but mostly happy because I can't wait to see who they become. Until then I will continue to hold them tight and tell them I love them forever and always and most importantly tell them just how much God loves them.


I'll Love You Forever
video

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online