Friday, August 29, 2008

4 Day Weekend!!!

After working on my preschool room and curriculum for the fourth eight hour day in a row, my pre-k4 partner and I finally saw all the fruit of our labor. We had no choice, all had to be done by tonight for Back to School night. I am happy to announce that my room is finally complete and I can now take a breather for a couple of days; hopefully for the four day weekend that starts tomorrow for me and the kids before school starts on Tuesday.

I was so happy to finally meet most of my sweet 3's tonight. They are too cute for words. I can't wait to get to know each one individually. I got high 5's from the boys and hugs from the girls. I even had one precious girl tell me she loved me. We had just met! This just reminds me of the awesome job that God has given to me and the love these little ones have for their teachers. I pray that these children will feel totally loved, accepted and safe with me. What a great job I have-to be able to share God's love in all that I do and teach.

Pray for me this weekend as I try to put aside some of the great responsibility that I have in planning curriculum to spend with my own children and who have never before had a working mommy. They have been with out me a lot while I have been working the last two weeks. The nice thing is, starting Tuesday I only work 2 days a week. Oh yeah, pray for my house too! I have neglected it way too long and it needs some cleaning. If only I could wave a magic wand. Abra cadabra, make the mess go away and let dirty clothes get clean and folded. Where is the easy button when you need one!

Well I am tired and worn out and going to sleep, sleep, sleep. I don't care if I should train my body to get up at 5:30 so that come Tues. it is easier. I AM going to sleep in tomorrow until I am absolutely needed by my hubby and children.

2 comments:

Alisa Johnston said...

5:30am??!! isn't that still the day before?? You are going to be a GREAT preschool teacher! Wish I were there to help with your laundry...

Anonymous said...

I found your words so inspiring!! I have been working as a teacher too and sometimes it´s hard to find the right way...
There´s love and hope in your words. I guess those kids are trully blessed!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online