Thursday, August 7, 2008

Our Summer Vacation- Part 1

Michael and I had a wonderful time on our vacation. It was just the two of us for seven days without our precious children. We left our children in Grants Pass with Michael's parents who so lovingly and willingly took care of them for the seven days that we were gone. We left Sunday morning for Reno which was our first stop.



The first few days in Reno at the Circus Circus were spent sleeping in and totally relaxing with no agenda. The only thing that drew us to Reno for three days was the fantastic deal for three nights lodging, a $50.00 gas card, and buffet special. It cost us only $45 to stay three nights. WOW!!!



One night we went out to a nice dinner at Olive Garden to celebrate the Preschool position that I got. We were really looking for a good excuse to eat out at a nice restaurant. Most of the other meals were either from our cooler that we stalked or 89 cent burritos at Taco Bell. Michael couldn't get enough of them. You can't get the big beef burrito for this price in Redmond, it's a dollar more.

I also got to explore the Reno mall. I was able to get the kids some school clothes. There were some amazing clearance sales going on at stores I don't get to shop in here in the High Desert. While I was shopping Michael conveniently found a music store filled with keyboards. He spent enough time there to get his keyboard fix, testing every sound imaginable. I don't get the draw but it made him happy.

Wednesday morning we checked out of Circus Circus and drove an hour south toward Gardnerville where my Grandma lives. Michael and I got to spend some quality time with her. We visited for three hours. We probably could have easily talked for longer. I love talking with her and I learned a bit about my grandpa who passed away three years ago. I have such great memories of spending time during summer vacation at their house.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

I'm going to need more info on these "amazing clearance sales" STAT!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online