Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Emma and Josh's Comic Strip

A fellow blogger and good friend is challenging parents and kids to stay mind active this summer. She is calling it the "Climbing Mind". Take a look at the Thousand Words Blog to read more about it.

The challenge this week was to create a comic strip. All my children seemed very interested but Emma surprised me by getting it done within a day. She worked a good portion of the day yesterday on it; working on the text and pictures. Last night, she finished her final copy when she was suppose to be asleep! 10:00 pm!! I am sure if I would have known she was up this late I would have put a stop to it, but I didn't and she finished it! First thing this morning she showed me and asked me to post it.

Here is her masterpiece!!




After Josh saw Emma's comic he wanted to do one too. So, Emma and Josh have spent the last hour working together to create Josh's masterpiece. The pictures were drawn by Josh and the words are his, but Emma helped write them. The title is Joshy's own handwriting.

Let me tell you... it has been so nice watching the kids work on this together and not be fighting. I haven't heard the "bored" word once this morning.

Here is Joshua's masterpiece!!!


No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online