Monday, June 22, 2009

Officially On Vacation!!!

Yesterday was Father's Day! I knew that it would be a busy one with church and traveling over the mountain but I was excited to spend Father's Day with my Dad! Ever since we moved away from them we have not been able to share our special Father's Day / Birthday weekend together.

Unfortunately, I fell sick after church yesterday and was in bed for the rest of the day. This totally changed our plans to start our vacation on Sunday and see my dad on Father's Day. This also kept Michael pretty busy on his special day. He got a lot of time with the kids while I was in bed the WHOLE day.

This morning, I am up early, feeling much better and ready to head out on our vacation. We will be traveling over to Silver Falls this morning and spending the day hiking and taking in the beautiful scenery. Tonight, we will be staying in a cute, little cabin that sleeps four and pitching a tent for the other two kids that we have. We are keeping it simple, by roasting hot dogs on a stick and of course having some s'mores. The goal of this short trip was to spend some good quality time with the kids before we leave for Hawaii. We just want to relax with them away from the business of home and enjoy their company. I am praying that it will be a sweet time and NO sibling fighting!!! That can stress me out more than anything.

My mom and dad will join us this evening to celebrate my birthday and Father's day! I think there will be cake. I hope there will be cake, because I didn't get any on my birthday. Since I am watching the waist line I decided to save the cake for the family celebration in the valley.

Then on Tuesday, we will head south to Grants Pass to drop off the kids at Michael's parents house. That night Michael and I head to Medford to a hotel close to the airport to get some good sleep before flying out very early on Wednesday to HAWAII!!!

We will spend 5 nights in Hawaii, fly into Seattle Monday night, stay the night in Seattle, spend the day in Seattle, before we catch our flight back to Medford. Tuesday night we will be back in G.P to spend a couple nights with family before heading home!!

I am looking forward to taking a vacation from the computer as well. We have chosen to leave the laptop at home and not let work or blog consume us while we are gone. i know that if I had the laptop, I would be tempted to show you all the great pictures that I was taking in Hawaii!! But, you will all have to wait until July.

So, I leave you with this little short piece of one of my favorite songs in the musical "Sound of Music".



So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye

I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye -- Goodbye!

I'm glad to go, I cannot tell a lie

I flit, I float, I fleetly flee, I fly (to HAWAII)

Goodbye....Goodbye.....Goodbye!!!!


This is where we are headed- The Ko Olina Marriott Resort in Oahu, Hawaii






2 comments:

Breanna Danielle said...

HI aunt kristin...
my new blog address is breainkorea.blogspot.com...

Love you
Breanna

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I will not be jealous. I will not be jealous..lol

Hope you are having a fabulous vacation! I don't blame you for leaving the laptop..:)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online