Friday, June 19, 2009

Still Alive @ 35!!!


Yes- On this day, June 19th 1974, Kristin Leigh Martin was born!!







I have had a wonderful 35 years and look forward to another great 35, unless Christ comes back before then. Then, of course, I will be in Heaven and that would be PERFECT!!!!

I really want to thank the people that God has put into my life. It might sound a bit like the Academy awards, but hey, this is my day, my moment and I am going to seize it!

Carpe Diem!!


First, I want to thank God for creating me, saving me and loving me. With out Him I would be nothing.

But because of Him-

I am: chosen, holy, and blameless before God. I am loved, accepted, a child of God, a friend of Jesus, the apple of His eye, a new creation, God's workmanship, and a fellow heir with Christ.

I have been: chosen, set free, justified, redeemed and forgiven. I have been sealed with the Holy Spirit, blessed with every spiritual blessing and have been made complete and alive in Christ.




I would like to thank my dad and mom, Dennis and Susan for being the most wonderful parents in the whole world. You have been such loving, giving and supportive parents.!!


You have always been there for me through thick and thin and taught me about the most important thing in life, God. Oh yeah, I also think that you have been a great example to me in your marriage. Thanks for loving each other for almost 40 years.


I also have wonderful in-laws. From day one Nettie and Cliff have been so wonderful to me and have loved me as their daughter. I count it a blessing to have two sets of parents that give me so much love, and support!











Thanks also to my sister Kimmie. I have been so blessed to have a wonderful, loyal, sweet, loving sis who is also my closest friend. When I am having a bad day, I know I can always call and you will be there!! I like to talk when I am having a good day too!!!



I also want to thank the grandparents that God has put into my life. I had a wonderful Great Grandma Skien, who loved me dearly and always took an interest in what I was doing while growing up. She lived to be almost 101 years old. I knew her for almost 20 years!

My Grandpa and Grandma Bradshaw have always lived near me growing up and I know that they are instrumental in how I turned out. They have prayed and prayed for me. They have been married over 60 years and are a tremendous example of how God takes two completely different people and make them one. They have a beautiful testimony that I would love to blog about sometime.



I really want to thank my wonderful, loving husband who has loved me so completely and deeply for over half of my life.






He has seen me at my best and at my worst, and still chooses me and loves me every day. I am more in love with you today than I was 15 years ago. I am so thankful that I get to spend the rest of this life with you, my very best friend! I can't wait to spend 24/7 with you in Hawaii!!



Thanks to my beautiful, lively four children who show much love to me every day. You all make me want to be the best mommy I can be and you make me get on my knees daily to ask God for wisdom in raising you the way He wants me to. I love you all so much!!


I don't want to forget my friends who are always there for me to lean on. You're there when I need a shoulder to cry on, or to have a great big laugh with. You encourage me in the Lord, give me great advise, and have great listening ears. I know my husband thanks God for you too, because sometimes he just doesn't know what to do with all these emotions that I have.

I must say- I have a wonderful support system in my life and I am so thankful for each and every person that God has placed in my life.

I am blessed, so blessed to be 35 and VERY alive!!!



All my love to all,

5 comments:

threemainboys said...

Happy Birthday my friend! You are a such a wonderful friend and even though we live far apart I still think of you as my friend that I will some day share a room in a "retirement home" with! I have learned so much from you and count it a joy to know you. You can understand the down days and the up days and the "I can't believe these are my children days". I love you, lady. Have a blast in Hawaii and eat some pineapple for me!

Karyn said...

Oh my dear friend! I love you! That was a great post :)

Happy birthday girl! I know you will have soooooo much fun in Hawaii w/ your sweetie!

((((hugs))))

Alisa Johnston said...

Happy Birthday! What a great post! I love the pictures. You are such a good writer, too! Have a glorious day! I thank God for you!

Love,
Alisa

Amanda said...

Happy birthday K...have a wonderful trip (and I love the picture with the hole in the jeans.)

runninggal said...

Sweet Kristin is 35 and more adorable each day. Happy birthday. I was thinking of you in Bishop knowing your b-day was upon us. I send you a hug and a squeeze and am so glad that you are in my life!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online