Monday, June 15, 2009

Rachel Barkely's unique perspective on suffering and God's goodness


This morning I was reading today's "Revive Our Hearts" by Nancy Leigh Demoss. I am in awe and inspired by what I read and want to pass it on to all who read my blog.

The speaker is a young woman, named Rachel Barley, who went through Breast Cancer at the young age of 32. She has two young kids and has been married for 10 years. Four months ago Rachel was diagnosed with terminal cancer and given anywhere from 6 weeks to a few months to live. Her testimony is very touching and so encouraging.

Yesterday at church our pastor preached out of James on having Joy in the midst of trials. I loved this message and I desire to walk through life's trials with complete JOY. As I read Rachel's testimony I also was encouraged by the Joy that she possesses while walking through the trial of knowing that she was going to die and leave behind two beautiful children and a husband. I can't imagine.

I encourage you to check out her website,"Death is not Dying",and read her story. You will be blessed! Also, read today's "Revive Our Hearts". She has a powerful message that won't leave you with dry eyes but will leave you desiring your Heavenly Father and having a right relationship with Him above all.

You can also listen to Curtis Tucker's messages from the book of James on the Redmond Community Church website. Both last week and yesterday's message are very powerful!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online