Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Girls (Sisters) Getaway


I had the opportunity to hang out with my sister and a couple of her friends from Aumsville. They came over from the valley to relax at Eagle Crest. It was nice that I didn't have to travel far to get away.

My sister, Kimmie, is 16 months younger than me and is a stay at home mommy. She has two little girls 10 1/2 months apart that keep her very busy. They are pure joy, but a couple nights away was so good for her.

We stayed up late talking, went shopping, ate great food, and enjoyed each others presence. I miss having those times with her and think we will try to plan yearly getaways.

Friday, late afternoon, I met up with the girls in Sisters. We shopped until the stores closed and then had a nice dinner on the patio of a nice restaurant in Sisters. After dinner we headed to Eagle Crest to settle in and play a few rounds of Cribbage. I love this game! It was my first time playing and enjoyed learning how to play. I hope I can remember enough to teach Michael how to play. I think he would like this one!

Saturday, we headed into Bend to shop. I did more window shopping than I would like, but hey, I was without the kids and any kind of shopping is great when you are with a bunch of fun girls! We ate lunch at the Pine Tavern and sat on the patio. I had their Fish and chips. Yummy!!!

Then I went to the Beach store downtown to find myself a bathing suit for Hawaii. Let me tell you how nice it was to have Kimmie with me to help me decide on a suit. There is nothing like the help of a sister on such a hard purchase. I found what I was looking for and am very happy with it.

Then, we went to the Bend Goodwill store. Can you believe that we spent four hours there! I found several sarongs for very little money to go with my swim suit and a couple other things that will work well for Hawaii. I enjoyed being in the presence of other women who appreciate Goodwill like I do! Lots of treasure were found there that day!!

That night, we went back to Eagle crest and had Salmon burgers and sweet potato fries. We stayed up late chatting went to bed way too late, but got to sleep in until 9:30 in the morning.

All in all it was a very nice weekend getaway. I really could have used one more night and whole other day to do all the stuff we wanted to do but didn't have time for, but believe me, I will take what I get!!

The highlight though of this getaway was the wonderful time spent with my sweet sister. She is the best sister and best friend in the whole world and gets me more than anyone. Of course, we are as different as night and day, but I absolutely love that I can be completely myself with her; for I think she knows me better than anyone!

Here is a story of two very different sisters that I found in a cardat Sisters.

The Story of Two Very Different Sister

One is here; one lives there. One is a little taller than the other. They have two different colors of hair, two different outlooks on life, two very different views from their windows. Both have different tomorrows ahead, Each is unique in so many ways. Each has her own story, with all the busy things going on in the present. Each has different work to do, and different demands on the day. Each has a separate destination and a distinctly different path to get there.

But....

For all the things that might be different and unique about them... these two sisters will always share so much. They will always be the best of family and friends, entwined together, through all the days of their lives. Their love will always be very special; gentle and joyful when it can be, strong and giving when it needs to be, reminding them, no matter how different their stories turn out...

They share the incredibly precious gift of being "sisers". And when you think of some of the best things this world has to offer, a blessing like that is really...what it's all about.

- Laurel Atherton

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad you had such a restful girl time. It sounds pretty heavenly, really...sleeping in and all that. Glad you got to enjoy and scored great deals for your trip! I'm excited for you.

Karyn said...

Having a sister who is also a best friend is such a gift. (I'm blessed to have two!) Glad you were able to go and have a good time :)

runninggal said...

Yay for girl fun!! It's restored me too this spring.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online