Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!


We went to the Redmond 4th of July parade. It was a beautiful, cool morning and we had lots of fun! We for once got there early so we could have a great seat. Nobody was there when we got there. We were a bit early but had no problem finding good seats. Michael went to Black Bear Diner and got us biscuits and gravy and a big jug of orange juice. All I needed was my coffee! Manda had fun watching some of her friends in the parade. Jeff loved the BMS riders and old cars. Joshy was thrilled to see fire engines and the Clydesdale horses. Then there is Emma, I think that she was there solely for the candy that was thrown to her. She came away with more candy than Halloween! The only candy Josh went away with was what was put in his bag by his brother and sisters. He is the most laid back kid I know. Pictured above are the kids watching the parade.

Tonight we will be going to the fairgrounds to see fireworks. We might even do some ourselves. We are going to meet up with some friends there and BBQ. I love this holiday and have some fond memories as a child of going to the Ashland parade and then playing in the creek and listening to some band stand music in Lithia Park. I love the patriotic music and was hoping to hear some in the parade but there wasn't a band. I think I will dig out my mickey patriotic CD that my friend Julie of Eugene gave me. I actually had the record when I was a child. My kids loved this CD. Songs like "Your a Grand O Flag" and "America the Beautiful" are a must on this holiday.

I hope all who are reading this are having a great 4th also. Take time to thank God for this wonderful country that we belong to. This actually reminds me of a paper I wrote in 5th grade of why I was proud to be an American. I actually found this in a scrapbook the other day. This paper reminded me and my kids of what a privilege it is to be an American.





2 comments:

runninggal said...

glad your mom is doing good. She's beautiful, like you!

We were following each other around on the 4th and never saw each other. How funny!

Amanda said...

So glad your mom doesn't have to do treatment, Praise God!

Why didn't you post your essay? I'll be watching for it!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online