Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mom is doing great!

Thank you for praying! I just got off the phone with my mom and she is doing great!

The surgery went well. They ended up taking 3 lymph nodes out of her armpit and will be doing a biopsy on each node to see if the cancer spread to them. In about a week they should have the results. The surgeon was able to sew up the incision without taking a skin graft from her hip.

It was good to her mom in such great spirits this morning. She was glad to be home. She hasn't had to take her pain meds yet because she hasn't been in that much pain. Knowing my mom, she will be picking weeds and washing the kitchen floor before the day is over. I instructed her to take it easy, especially now that they removed her nodes. It was 2 weeks after my surgery that I got lymphodema because I wasn't being as careful as I should and my arm got infected. I think she listen to me!!!

Next week Mandi gets to go spend several days with my mom and dad. She will get to go with mom to her follow up appointment in Portland at OHSU. This will be good therapy for both mom.

To all who have been praying, thank you. God is so good!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I was going to call today to see how she was...so glad you posted about it! Praise God and we'll keep praying:)

Karyn said...

That's wonderful Kristin...so far, so good! Thank you for the update!
So, tea, talking, when? :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online