Thursday, July 17, 2008

Job Interview

I will be interviewing for a preschool position at Central Christian School on Tuesday the 22nd. The last year and a half Mandi has attended school there and has grown to love this school a lot.

At the end of this school year we found out that the little, private school that Jeff and Emma have attended for the last 3 years was closing down. This has left us to make a decision of where to place the kids for next year. Michael and I went out on a limb and enrolled all four of the children at Central Christian.

We got our financial aid packet the first of July and even though the package they offered to us is truly wonderful we still can't afford the payment if I stay at home. I learned of the preschool opening through the school's news letter and decided to go for it. I don't have any early childhood education or formal experience in a school setting but I have raised three children through the preschool years and Josh is in the mist of them.

The application process alone almost discouraged me from applying. It has been years since I have written that many short essays. They wanted to know my philosophy of christian education, classroom management and other thought provoking topics. Alas I finished it and turned it in.

Tuesday at 8:00 am they will interview me. I am not sure who I am up against but I feel great peace that God will open or shut the door knowing so very well what is best for my children and me.

I am asking you all to keeping me in your prayers during this time. Pray that I will be real but professional. That the words out of my mouth will truly reflect my beliefs, experiences and knowledge not just text book answers.

Thanks for your prayers and support. I will keep you all updated on how it went.

4 comments:

runninggal said...

Kristin - I absolutely know that you are their gal. The interview is just formalities, I am sure of it. How I wish I could keep Bekah back to have you as her teacher. Sigh. At least you can wave to her in the hallway and at the pick up line!! I'll get to see you MWF when I pick her up!!

I will pray at 8 am...you'll do awesome!

Unknown said...

Kristin, I'll be praying for you, too! I agree with Julie, you're the gal! Lack of formal qualifications hopefully won't prevent them from seeing your amazing talent!

It was awesome to see you at the park last week, I'm so glad to have had the chance to catch up a bit with you.

Many blessings,

Jen T.
Diary of 1

Karyn said...

So the real question is...What are you going to wear???

Just kidding! I had to say that. You'll do awesome, and I'll be praying that you will find peace by knowing that God has control of this entire situation!

Cathy said...

You are going to do so great this morning I just know it! Isn't it wonderful that God is interested and in control of these things! ..keeping you in prayer:)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online