Sunday, February 15, 2009

Emma Turns 9!


Emma Leigh Kuhlman was born February 15th, 2000. She weighed in at 7lbs 11ozs and was 21 1/2 inches long.

My almost Valentines baby! The doctor gave me the choice of inducing me on Valentine's Day or on the 15th. Boy, was that a hard decision. We decided that Emma needed her own special day and Michael and I could keep our special day. Of course, we always inter mingled the two.

Emma is such a special blessing from God. We enjoy her funny, practical joker ways.

We appreciate her desire to be neat and clean. (This always comes in handy when I ask her to pick up) When she was 2 she would line up all her shoes in a row. She would also dump the clean laundry out of the basket and fold it all, Even everyones underwear! I don't even do that!

She is a thinker and wears all of her emotions on her sleeve. We always know when she is happy or when she is sad or mad. One thing she can't do is hide those emotions! So full of life is she and so mischievous. She always has something up her sleeve. You better watch out because Emma may just surprise you with a joke, or a scare.

Emma is also such an encourager. Michael and I are always finding little notes in our room to tell us how much she loves us. I think this is her love language. She seems to need encouraging words more than anything else.

She is a great cuddler! She still loves to sit on her daddy and mommy's lap. So affectionate!!

One more thing- She LOVES clothes! I have never met a more picky person when it comes to what she will and won't wear. I must say that she does have great taste though. I remember when she turned two she got several outfits from her mum (grandma). She immediately took off her clothes to try on all the outfits, right there in front of everyone! I so glad she grew out of doing this!!

********************************************

Emma,

You are loved so much by all. You are such a beautiful young lady inside and out. Your daddy and I are so proud of you and how you are growing up. Jesus made you so special. He knew that we needed your fun loving, organizing, perfectionist, cuddling, joking, emotional, encouraging ways in this family. I just know that God is going to use you in great ways!

We hope you have a very special birthday, full of surprises just like you.

Love, Mommy and Daddy



4 comments:

Kristin said...

I love you Mom!!! Your the best Mom ever! I like what you did with your blog. I like the slide show.And I like what you wrote.


love you,
Emma

threemainboys said...

This made me laugh out loud. I remember walking into your living room in Eugene once to find Emma wearing about 4 layers of clothes, some frilly tu-tu in the mix of all her favorite things. She was bent over, bottom's up, with bags of clothes that someone had given you and she was digging through them and throwing them over her shoulder onto the living floor, trying everything on that she liked. We both started cracking up at how fast she undid all the folded, bagged clothes. Some things never change do they? It's amazing how preferences are so prevalent even from a young age. Happy Birthday Emma.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Emma

Cathy said...

I did remember that our Emma's had close birthdays! Wasn't it fun to go through all the old pictures? ...it was a little sad too.

Great room makeover too!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online