Friday, February 13, 2009

Fireproof


We just got done watching the movie Fireproof. I was so impressed with this movie. Not only did it have an incredible Christian message, but a movie that emphasizes the importance of learning how to love and lay down our rights and see marriage as that covenant that we make before God, for life, and not just a contract that can be easily broken.

This movie especially touched me deeply because I have a family member who is going through a very sad, horrible divorce after 20+ years marriage. I pray daily that this marriage will be restored and brokenness mended. I also pray that many marriages are saved through the message of this movie, whether it helps a marriage before it gets to that bad point or for the marriage that seems to have no hope. God can definitely take a very broken relationship and make it beautiful.

If you haven't seen this movie, I say that it is a must see. In my opinion it was very well produced. Hint, Hint... A great Valentine's Day movie.

I just loved the sound track of Fireproof. I am linking the website that has the words and music of all the songs. They are very inspiring. A few of them I knew, but the ones I didn't know I just love.

http://www.fireproofcolumbus.com/Soundtrack/tabid/188/Default.aspx

I found one of the songs on You Tube. This is so appropriate for Valentine's. Take a listen.

Love is Not a Fight by Warren Barfield


3 comments:

Cathy said...

Billy and I just watched this last week and loved it too. We both spent the movie in tears, because it's was so true and real. The song you choice to highlight in this post was actually my favorite from the movie!

runninggal said...

I love how you change your playlist like you do!

Fun new set!

Happy v-day to you too!

Isn't so awesome how this church in Georgia is reaching the world through these movies. Moves me to tears every time I watch their stuff (Facing the Giants is our family favorite!)...

threemainboys said...

Kristin, We hired a babysitter and went to see this movie in the theaters. Well worth the money paid. It was a packed house, not a seat left and it was amazing to sit in such a setting of complete strangers and not a church setting and hear others around you verbally agreeing to points made in the moving and shout's of "amen" etc. It was amazing to see the number of families who brought their kids with them to see it also. I thought, that even with the low budget, semi pro actors, it was still a great movie with a super great message. I would love to watch it again.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online