Saturday, March 21, 2009

Beach, Family, Friends and Fun!!


We leave tomorrow after church for our Spring Break vacation. Michael found a great beach house in Lincoln City and we are sharing it with good friends. The first part of the week will be with great friends from Eugene. Both families were in our small group there and are so very special to us. They each have 3 kids who are around the same ages as Emma and Josh.

One of the couples have spent the last several months in Africa as Missionaries. They had been there a few years back and were able to return this last year. Unfortunately it has been hard health wise and needed to return to the states. They just returned this last week. We are excited about spending time with them and giving them some time to rest and relax before putting all the pieces back together in Eugene.

Then we have the pleasure of spending the second half of the week with good friends from Redmond. Again, there will be two families joining us.

This week should be very fun and hopefully relaxing. It is suppose to rain most of the week, but no worries, it's the coast and that's what you expect in the spring! We are praying though for some sunshine so the kids can use the beach as their playground.

Today was packing day. I can't believe how long it takes to pack for a weeks vacation. There is so much stuff to remember. I always think it is easier and will go quicker than it actually does. I was so blessed today to have my wonderfully sweet mother in law help me do all the laundry and pack the kids. I hope it didn't wear her out too much.

This week will be computer (Face book and blog) free, cell phone and t.v free, except for an occasional movie. I just want to focus on my hubby and children and have awesome family time. To sit and play games, or read books or take long walks with then is what I am looking forward to. Of course, I wouldn't mind some girlfriend time at the outlet mall or a little quiet time for myself. I'm hoping to get it all!!!

1 comment:

GDIsaacs said...

Hi just tumbled upon your blog. I praise God for that. Have a great vacation!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online