Sunday, March 8, 2009

(Mandi) Kuhlman's 1st

I CRY OUT TO YOU

Sitting here upon my bed
Spinning thoughts around my head
Can't explain the pain I feel deep inside

I can't seem to make it through
This hard day without You
Guess it simply goes to show I need You

CHORUS
I cry out to You and I know You're there
I cry out to You and You hear my prayer
I cry out to You and I know You're there
I cry out to You 'cause I know You care

Now I know that You're right here
Ridding me of all my fears
Helping me to know the truth you are here
Holding me in Your arms

CHORUS
I cry out to You and I know You're there
I cry out to You and You hear my prayer
I cry out to You and I know You're there
I cry out to You 'cause I know You care-

ENDING CHOURUS
I cry out to You and I know You're there
I cry out to You and You hear my prayer
I cry out to You I will seek Your face
I cry out to You and receive Your grace

Music and Lyrics by Amanda Janae Kuhlman and J. Michael Kuhlman
© 2009 Amanda Janae Kuhlman

Mandi wrote this song for the talent show at school. She wrote the lyrics and Michael helped her put it to music. It is such a joy to see my teenage daughter grow in her relationship with God. She truly is learning to cry out to Him in all situations and let Him take control. She has experienced some painful times in her life. The job losses that we have gone through, the many moves that we made and my battle with cancer have been major times of growth for her. Through these tough times she has been gradually learning how to fully rely on God, realizing that He is there with her and cares deeply for her.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so honored to get to see this...how did she feel afterward? What a great song, and a great girl!

Yule {b}Log said...

Aside from her truly amazing talent of the gift of song writing and her singing, I am in AWE over her grasp of god at such a tender age. I only hope that I can instill this into my children as they grow. You must be so proud, mama.

Cathy said...

that was beautiful!! I echo Jenny's sentiments exactly!

And..
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I love the bracelet (wore it Sunday:)) and your sweet words really touched my heart and encouraged me. I miss you too...

Anonymous said...

Mandi, I tried to do this on yours but it did not work. To your comments on your blog, yes I do that all the time. Mandi, God has blessed you with so many talents and because you choose to allow Him to lead you, they are available to you. I praise the Lord that you have a moment by moment walk with our Lord. What a blessing for everyone who knows and loves you. See you in a week. Love Nana

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online