Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break '09

We are home from our vacation at the beach!!! What a wonderful seven days we had in Lincoln City at a beautiful beach house with our good friends. It was a full house the whole week. With 6 adults and lots of kids; we kept so very busy!

The weather wasn't the best, but hey, it's the beach, that's to be expected. We went down to the beach and played even in the rain. The first half of the week was mild in temp and had light rain but the second half was very stormy! No matter what the weather was like it is still very beautiful there. The kids loved playing in the ocean even though it wasn't sunny.

We enjoyed our dear friends from Eugene the first three nights. The Ulms and the Seidels were in our small group while we lived in Eugene. It was fun to reconnect with them and the kids had fun getting know their friends again. Scotty Seidel brought his projector. he put up a white sheet and we watched movies on the big screen. We also had the privilege of seeing some pictures of their time in Africa. I was amazed at how well everyone got along and how well behaved the children were.

Then on Wed. our friends the Perkos and Braatens joined us for the rest of the week. We also had an extra teenager; Mandi's friend, Rachelle came for the second half of the week. We took a trip to Tillamook and toured the cheese factory and went to an Air Supply concert at the Chinook Winds on Friday. Mandi and Rachelle babysat for us. We had so much fun -dinner, concert, and then karaoking. (Amanda and Kelly sang, Michael and I just watched.) I need to work up some songs before embarrass myself. I was very impressed with Amanda's and Kelly's performance. American Idol watch out!

The concert was the highlight of Michael's trip! He loves those old 80's ballads. I had heard of them but never really listened to them, I was in middle school at the time. Most of the people at the concert were older. They were a little before my time. I did enjoy the concert and may now listen to some of those old 80's songs with Michael. That would make him happy!

It's good to be home and sleep in my own bed, but it was a great week. Our family will have wonderful memories of this vacation and boy do I have lots of pics to show. I took over 400 pictures!! Here are some pics of the week!

Pictures of the first part of the week!




Pictures of the second half of the week!




Oh, and by the way- the music you are listening to on my playlist is Air Supply!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Great pictures Kristin! I'm so glad you had a good time!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online