Friday, April 3, 2009

38 years and counting!!!



Today the 3rd of April is my parent's 38th anniversary! Wow, how wonderful is that? I am so thankful that my parents have been so committed to God and to each other. What a wonderful example they have been to me and my sister.

Unhappy marriages and divorce are much too common, even in Christian circles. Emerson E. Eggerichs, the author of "Love and Respect" writes,

"You may remember how the Beatles sang, 'All you need is love.' I absolutely disagree with that conclusion. Five out of ten marriages today are ending in divorce because love alone is not enough. Yes, love is vital, especially for the wife, but what we have missed is the husband's need for respect. This Love and Respect message is about how the wife can fulfill her need to be loved by giving her husband what he needs -- respect. And the husband can fulfill his need to be respected by giving his wife what she needs -- love. Does this always work? No. But if one is married to a person of good will, I would bet the farm that it would work!"

I am sure that most couples who have been married for a significant amount of time would say, Amen, to this. I know that this is true for my marriage of 15 years.

This truth is found in Ephesians 5:33. Husbands must love their wives and wives must respect their husbands.

I am looking forward to having so many more years with my dear husband. I can't even imagine being married 38 years or 60 like my grandparents! I do know that as I fall in love more with Jesus and learn to put aside my rights and give respect to my husband, the better my marriage gets.

**********************************************************

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! Thanks for loving and respecting each other and sticking it through all the bumps you have encountered these 38 years. I can't tell you how much it blesses me to have parents who are so committed to each other and to God. Here is a song by Steve Green that I just love. The words are beautiful. I love you.- Kristin

3 comments:

Breanna Danielle said...

Aunt Kristen,

I will make you some cards! But you don't have to pay me. I enjoy doing it so I don't mind at all. This gives me a reason to make them. I love you all

Breanna

Yule {b}Log said...

Your parents are an inspiration.

Breanna Danielle said...

Have a great Easter! I saw pictures of Isabella and Natalie. They are so cute. Anyways, I have four cards made for you so far. How about a dollar each! They aren't very expensive to make once you have everything so thats a great price. But, really I don't mind making them for free. I really do enjoy it. The reward is in the making of the card and having something to be proud of in the end. So, I really don't mind just giving them to you. I'll make the ones you asked for and then Amanda asked for some too so It might take me awhile to get all the cards made. I can send them to you in little batches if you'd like. Wow, this is getting long. I Love You Guys!

Breanna

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online