Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Celebrating Easter and Birthdays



This last Sunday, Easter, we traveled after church to Aumsville to celebrate Easter and my two nieces' birthdays.

We had Easter dinner at my mom and dad's house. My grandparents, sister and brother-in-law, their two girls and Great Uncle John were there. The food was delicious and the company was great! It is so nice to live close to family and be able to take part in these family celebrations.

My grandma brought her yummy, baked beans. These are a family favorite and I think I need the recipe so I can keep the tradition going. She also made a delicious jello. Again, I need this recipe. My sis, Kim, brought the scalloped potatoes and peas. This was a new recipe and it was delich! I have never made homemade scalloped potatoes so I was in awe of her masterpiece. Mom and dad cooked a Costco ham. If you have never tried one they are wonderful. I came the furthest, so I brought rolls and the drink. Thanks to Mary from church, I had yummy Marrionberry juice that she made in her juicer from her own berries. There was a lot left over from what she brought for the worship team so I took the rest to Sunday dinner. It was a hit!

After dinner, my two nieces, Isabella and Natalie had a combined birthday party. Isabella turns 3 this week and Natalie turned 2 last month. They are about 10 1/2 months apart. They opened lots of presents and then we had angel food cake, made by my grandma. This is the same cake that she has made time and again for my birthday. It is one of my favorites, but I love it best with strawberries over it and lots of whipped cream and then strawberry ice cream. Mmmmm...Now I want some. My birthday is coming up in June, I hope I am in Aumsville so I can have some! Or else my hubby will have to learn how to make it! We'll see about that!

On Monday the kids had a day off of school, so we were able to stay the night and enjoy a pretty full day with family. The kids had so much fun hanging out with their cousins. It is times like this that I wish I lived in the same town as them or more conveniently they live here. But hey, two 1/2 hours isn't that bad!













3 comments:

Karyn said...

Aw Kristin, you look so beautiful. And your family is beautiful as well. I'm glad you had such a rich time :)

Breanna Danielle said...

I am so glad you had a great Easter! I have about nine cards made for you. Sorry its taking so long. I'll send them as soon as they are done. See you soon

Breanna

emma said...

Mom i love your blog!!!

Emma

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online