Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wonderfully and Uniquely Made

,
I am talking on hard relationships at the Women's Conference. I have one particular child who can push my buttons more than anyone else in this world. I love this child so much and want to have a beautiful relationship with this child, but many times I lose my cool and react to this child and their ways. I pray daily that God will give me much wisdom in how to parent this child. I would say that I am trying to make peace with this strong- willed child.

As I was trying to put together this testimony I was reminded by God of the uniqueness each of my children process. This is more a reminder for me than something any of my readers will benefit from. So since this blog is records of my memoirs I am going to write everything that comes to mind about my children. This is a great exercise if you regularly see the negative things your children do.

God created them so different and wants us to foster these strengths and help them work on the things that appear to be weaknesses. I noticed that many of the things that annoy me at times are the very thing that can be used to change the world if they allow God to work on these so called weaknesses. Do you understand what I mean? OK, enough rambling, I am going to remind myself of how wonderful and uniquely made each one of my children is.

***************************************
I have four children. Each of them is uniquely different in their personality. I love each one totally and completely the same. If you would have told me 13 1/2 years ago when my oldest was born that I could love 3 more children like I loved my oldest, I probably would have disagreed. Now, I know it's true! Unbelievable huh? I truly love all the strengths and even weaknesses each child brings into my life. They have caused me to get down on my knees and ask for wisdom on how to best mother them and they have brought many blessings into my life, namely four of them!

Child #1 is so artistic and sensitive. She gets along wonderfully with people of all ages and is always eager to please everyone. She has a heart for Jesus and wants to serve her Savior with all her heart. This child has her future already planned out, of course she wants what God wants for her, but she has her sights on Moody Bible Institute to pursue missions.

The other day she hopped into the car after school and proclaimed that God spoke to her as to where she was going to be a missionary. Child #3 announced that God couldn't have spoken to her because she has never heard His. Child #1 just replied back that He speaks in different ways and she knew this was of God. I love her enthusiasm for the Lord. She also has enthusiasm for politics. I can't tell you that she got it from me because I don't have that passion.

When she was 8 she refused to use Heinz ketchup because Kerry, one of the candidates was closely tied to that brand. She didn't want to support Heinz in any way. So we switched brands for awhile. Now that she is a bit older she has tempered that a bit more, but you should have seen her glued to the t.v. during the election this last year. Quite a site! One thing this child is is competitive. Put her on the basketball or volleyball court and she turns into this aggressive, assertive child. I have video to prove it!

Then there is child #2. He is just the most giving child I have ever known. He would give his shirt off his back to someone in need. This is my child who is not attached to money at all. He has about every cent he has earned for birthday or chores still in his account from a year ago. Oh yes, he has plans for it, but regularly offers to give it all up in order to make life easier for his dad and I.

The other day he wanted to use it to take the family to dinner somewhere nice, just because he knew it was something I desired. I have to be so careful as to what I say I want or need because he will be the first to give up his savings to bless me. Of course, I don't accept it. I just tell him how sweet and giving he is.

Now this is the same child who can argue his way out of anything. Maybe better word is to convince us to do or not to do something. I call it talking back, he calls it negotiating. Persistence is one of his traits. I think he would make a great Lawyer!

He is also very creative and so handy. You need it fixed, he can fix it. This is not like his dad. (sorry Michael, if you are reading this!) I laugh when I write this because I usually look to child #2 to help me with handy work. He loves to spend hours upon hours outside in his fort. Adventures keep him happy and out of trouble.

This child is so laid back and passive in many areas and then boom, a very aggressive side will come out. I choose to see this as passion. I have been know to refer to him as my "Jekyll and Hyde" man. He loves consistency and I am trying my best as a mom to give that to him. He doesn't respond well to authoritative people, I think it makes him feel insecure. Of course I have seen lots of improvement in this area this year.He also loves to stay close to home with his family. A total family man he will be to his wife and children someday. Loyal and true is my #2!


Child #3 is the spit fire of the family! Funny, spirited, loud, and a total prankster. The other morning I found that someone switched the cereal in each of the boxes. In the cheerios box was the Life cereal, in the Life box was the Honey Bunches of Oats and so on. Oh, there was no question as to who would do such a thing. I knew all right!!

She is also an encourager. I find sweet notes in the oddest places that will tell her daddy and I how much she loves us. She loves encouragement from us as well. I think this is her #1 love language. This child is also insanely organized and the neatest child I have ever met. "A place for everything and everything in it's place". That is her motto! her room is the room that quests stay in. I can always count on her room to be spic and span. I also can count on her to organize me. The other day I came home to an organized garage and front closet. She doesn't seem to be annoyed by my organized mess but to fix it by doing it herself. She regularly tries to make extra money by asking me if I need something organized. I can't tell you how bad she wants to get into my room and clean it up.

One more thing about this child, she is a thinker just like her daddy. Very analytical. The other night she wanted to know why our belief in God is the true way to believe. She said that there are so many other religions and how do we know that we are right. Wow! She is only 9! I love these challenging talks with her. I know that God is going to use this little one for his purposes and glory. I just pray that Michael and I can guide her through these questions so that when she leaves home she is firmly grounded in her faith and won't waiver.

O.k., # 4 child is a pure joy! Yes, all of my little peeps are, but this one is so easy going. Maybe because he is the Fourth, or maybe because I overlook some of the things that I use to nip in the bud with the others when they were young. I mean, let me be frank here, I tend to have been a little more on the relaxed end with this child. All of this said, he is a very obedient child. His is almost always happy, singing all the time worship songs or making up his own sweet song to Jesus. Ask him if he loves Jesus and he'll say "Oh Yes, I do love Jesus" and then sing a little ditty about his love for him. This child also is very quick to forgive and ask forgiveness. I just love his tender heart, and big, big smile! :)

He is a natural at almost every sport he tries. I think he will be my child who will go far in sports if he desires. He is very affectionate and loves to stay close to mommy. We still have some tough times going into Sunday school because he wants to be in big church with me. Last Sunday we visited my parents church and he refused to go into a new Sunday school class. I don't blame him. So I let him sit with me in big church. He hardly made a peep and sat there so well.

Oh, I thank the Lord for giving me each and every child that I have. I know that my life will be truly blessed because I have had them. I pray that I will be the mother that God desires me to be for them and raise them for His glory.

2 comments:

Yule {b}Log said...

I love each of your children. I like how they are each so uniquely different.

A beautiful family you are blessed with.

Amanda said...

It's so fun to sit down and really think about your kids, it's so good to know them. I hope you enjoy the next year even more in light of their uniqueness and what they bring...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online