Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Creative Juices aren't Flowing -EEK!!!!

I seriously couldn't think of another title than that. Here I am two days before I give a talk to ladies at a Women's Conference on a topic that I am so very passionate about and I can't nail down what I am going to say. I sat at the computer until well, I can't even remember, to get thoughts that have been swirling around my head for the last few weeks to get it on paper. Not much came out. Stress, and total and complete tiredness has taken over. Some would say that I have procrastinated. Maybe so, but it's not like it hasn't been at the for front of my mind for at least a month now. I seriously can't believe April is now over, and the conference is tomorrow.

I have been hit hard this week by the enemy. My house, kids, husband, dad, and yes, even me are falling apart. I feel the fiery darts and I have lost my patience, my mind, my sleep and probably many other things because I have not been functioning with the Holy Spirit's help. I am trying to do it ALL on my own. Thus, I feel frazzled and completely stressed.

I am asking those who come across this blog to pray for me. I talk Friday night on a hard relationship that I have encountered in my life and how God has helped me with it. Honestly, I feel I can not speak on this because of the way this relationship has gone this week. I have not responded in a right way to this person and I have not sought wisdom from God on how to handle the relationship. Don't you think that this disqualifies me? Yep, I would love to get out of it but I have a feeling that God is using this vary week to prepare me for tomorrow.

Then on Saturday, I talk on life's disappointments and how to have joy in the midst of them. This is a topic that I am passionate about and my testimony basically is centered around trials and my journey to letting go and letting God be in control, but this talk is more than my testimony. It is more like teaching and I am finding that it is a bit harder for me.

Thanks for praying. I know God wants me to relinquish control right this minute and let Him guide and direct. I know also that I need to quiet my life tonight and tomorrow so that I can hear what God wants to tell me. It's kind of hard to listen when life is super crazy.

One more think, please pray for my daddy. He had to go in for a second surgery tonight. In fact, he is in surgery right now. The doctor tighten his nerve too tight in his foot and he couldn't feel anything. So now they are fixing this. He has been in great pain and I assume that he will continue in this pain after another surgery. I love him so much and really want to be up there with my mom and dad and sis. I hate being over the mountain with obligations that keep me from being there. My dad understands this and is fine with it, but I am still sad about it.

Gotta run to worship practice-

Have a wonderful evening,

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Kristin, I know God will speak through you! When we are weak is when we see HIS strength the most... I only wish I could be there to hear you!

Amanda said...

love you!

Alisa Johnston said...

I have and will continue to be praying for you!
You will do fine. It is your life and only you can share this. God's Holy Spirit will guide you and the right words will just flow!
You are going to do great!
Take a deep breath!
Loving you from afar...

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online