Friday, May 1, 2009

God is at work at the women's conference!


Real quick, before I hit the sack, I want to say thank you for praying for me and the women's conference that is going on this weekend. I just got back from the first night and wow!!! was it powerful. Nothing could have prepared me for this turn out. Nearly 60 women were there and it was amazing how God just orchestrated everything. He showed up, like I know He does, but the presence of the Lord was felt in a mighty way by the women there.

From the worship, to the speaking, to the fellowship, it just flowed so nicely. Joyfully, we were praising our Heavenly Father for how He uses hard circumstances in our lives for His glory. The theme of this conference is "Joy" and finding join in the midst of trials. I think it is a subject that is well received during a time that many are experiencing loss of jobs, economic instability, and other trials.

Shelli, our church secretary gave a powerful message. I know that God spoke His very words to those women through her.

Kerri, a friend and fellow worship team member spoke so eloquently from her heart on a hard relationship that is ongoing. I never knew she could speak like that.

The worship tonight was wonderful. I know that it wasn't perfect in our eyes, but I know that it was beautiful for God and I heard so many wonderful comments on how people were brought to the throne of God. Thanks to the ladies for giving so much of their time and energy to bring worship to the ladies of RCC. I am amazed at how the songs went so perfectly with the mood and the topic of the night. Isn't God good? (Thanks for being an instrument of Him.). Two more sets to go!

Thanks also to my wonderful husband who has put many hours of practicing in with us and playing the piano. We couldn't have done it without him. He has been so gracious and patient with us chatty, opinionated (at times) women. He is juggling a lot with taking care of the kids and playing our sets. (Thank you dear husband, you are appreciated)
I praise God for bringing my talk together. I spoke from my heart and God really helped give me clarity. I feel peaceful with the outcome.

I am so tired. I got maybe 3 hours of sleep last night. Lots of stuff going on in my head and a cold coming on. I made it through the day and now I am going get a good night sleep for tomorrow.

I have some other thoughts in my head about my message tomorrow. Different thoughts than what I planned to talk on. I feel like God wants me to share something different. This scares me because I am tired and want to sleep instead of plan. I am going to do just that and let resting help me listen to His voice.

Please pray! I am so relaxed right now about it and know that it will all work out for His glory. I just want to get out of the way and let God!

Have a wonderful night and weekend,

2 comments:

threemainboys said...

Hey, friend. I was so exicted to read this update. You were definately in thought and prayer these last few days. Glad to know the first night went well. Looking forward to hearing about the second day.
Mandy

Yule {b}Log said...

It was a great weekend. Whew!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online