Sunday, May 10, 2009

Breakfast in Bed Always Welcomed!!

I woke up this morning, walked downstairs and found Emma crying and carrying on. She was rather upset by the fact that she couldn't make me breakfast in bed because Jeff told her that I was on a diet and wouldn't eat the food she was going to make for me.

At moments like these I get all choked up by the thoughtfulness and love my children show or want to show to me.

I never want any diet to get in the way of my children's desire to do something special for me. Especially if it's breakfast in bed!! I will gladly accept any breakfast given to me in bed and won't turn it away. In fact, I will believe wholeheartedly that it is calorie free because little, sweet, loving hands prepared it for me.

I told Emma that I would love breakfast! And in fact eggs and sausage is exactly what is on my diet!! A smile crept across her face and she happily ran off to make me breakfast.


I found this cartoon this morning. I have been guilty of saying "no you can't make a mess in the kitchen because I just cleaned it the night before". How little ones interpret these sort of things. Just like my diet and breakfast in bed.

I really don't know a mom who would or should turn down breakfast in bed. It happens so rarely we should embrace it whenever it comes our way- even on a diet or if it means there is a huge mess in the kitchen to clean up afterward.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online