Monday, May 18, 2009

Spring Concert

A couple of weeks ago Jeff and Mandi had their spring concert at the Christian school. Mandi is in the junior high choir and Jeff plays the acoustic and electric guitar in the 5th grade band.

This last Friday, Mandi's choir went to Corban College for a competition. Many different christian schools were there, including the one my husband went to and graduated from in '86, New Hope Christian School. Mandi saw some girls she knew from our days in G.P. when she was in preschool and kindergarten. They had so much fun and even got a -1. Hey, I have no idea what that means but it is good. My friend Amanda who has done these type of choir competitions in her youth assured me that any kind of 1 is good. They ended up taking home a trophy!

Here is a clip of the CCS choir! Mandy is the one with the black dress on. Oh wait, they all have black dresses on. Don't they look sharp? I still can't believe how fast she is growing up. I just love watching her sing. She has a smile that is so contagious. She has been told by friends that she smiles too much.

Last night she told me she was going to try and not smile as much! "What?" I said.

"That's crazy, because that smile is from God and it shows the joy you have."

I feel so sad when I hear her worrying about such things, I hope she doesn't pay too much attention to what others say and keeps being that happy, smiley, Mandi!!












Here is Jeff playing in the 5th grade worship band. Over this last year he has really taken to the guitar. He has mostly learned through the experience in the 5th grade band and also from the help of his close friend who takes lessons. We would love Jeff to be able to take lessons but they aren't in the budget right now. So for the time being, he works hard to progress in his learning and playing by seeking the help of those who are willing to take the time with him and by practicing lots!!




2 comments:

Karyn said...

Your Mandy shines...just like her momma!
:)

Yule {b}Log said...

What a talented family.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online