Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Clean Teeth and Free Pizza!!

Kids sure do cost a lot!

BUT....

Aren't they worth every penny?


Today all four children went to the dentist. You see, I tried to space them out so that we weren't hit with a huge bill, but yesterday the dentist office called and asked if we could bump the two that were next month up with the two that had an apt. today.

OK, I didn't not really thinking of the financial outcome.

Nearly $700.00 and two cavities later (which were not apart of the bill) I just about cried. No, actually, I about fainted when the receptionist asked how I was going to pay for it.

"I don't know!" was my reply.


I walked away with four clean mouths, two cavities that need to be filled, and thank goodness for all the freebies they gave the kids. They better give out freebies because after that bill there ain't no money left over for toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, fluoride, and all the other stuff that we are told we need to keep those teeth clean.

You better believe that I gave my kids a humongous pep talk about brushing their teeth a dozen times a day and to never touch another piece of candy or drink another pop again until they leave my nest. All eyes were staring at me like I was the teeth Nazi or something. Seriously, I thought that this was a grand opportunity to show the kids just how much life, I mean they costs. I reassured them that it was definitely mom and dad's job to take care of them. But......I meant it when I told them that I WILL NOT PAY FOR ANY MORE CAVITIES AFTER THIS!!! I explained that it was one thing to have such a large bill for teeth cleaning and ex rays and such, but cavities are just a result of being lazy. I think I made myself clear.


I think I got their attention. All four were brushing the heck out of their teeth tonight. They probably brushed twice as long as the required amount.

Oh, I forgot to mention- The office gave each child a coupon for a free mini pizza at Papa's Pizza. They even gave Michael and I one. I guess this was their way to try and soften the blow of the huge bill. You better believe that we piled in the car with their newly clean teeth and drove straight to Papa's to get us some free pizza. The look on the cashiers face when we plopped down our six coupons. Just to make it look like we weren't a total mooch, we bought four child size sodas, yes I said sodas, and a carafe of White Zinfandel.

Michael and I blew off our diet of two days with this yummy pizza dinner. I couldn't just watch the kids eat their very own pizza with their very own choice of toppings knowing that I could have the same thing. Especially since it was FREE! I calculated the cost and we saved a whopping $30 or so with those coupons and only spent $13! Now I can feel better that the bill was more like $670.00.


It was fun to see what each kid chose for their very own toppings. It sure does show the unique personalities that they have.

For example....

Amanda- she chose taco pizza. She has a variety of interests and she likes to spice up her life with new and different things, just like her pizza has a variety of toppings and a splash of hot sauce.

Jeffrey- he chose pepperoni. He is likeable, fairly predictable, and set in his ways. You can predict that this topping will be at every pizza party and that most will like it.

Emma- she chose sausage and pepperoni. My, oh my, this is a harder one, but I will give it a try. She is a combo of sweet and sassy. Just like the taste of this pizza, one bite there is a sweet sausage, pepperoni taste, and the next, the spiciness hits. You never know what taste you'll get.

Joshua- he is strictly a sausage guy. He spices up our life with his ever so funny ways. Just like the sausage spices up the cheese and sauce.

Mine is Broken Top, which has artichokes and sun dried tomatoes, pesto and linguicia. This sounds complicated just like me. Every time we go out for pizza I want something completely different than everyone else. I like a lot of toppings and I like it gourmet. My pizzas usually cost the most. Michael jokes that I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I choose to think that I am sophisticated and classy! No boring pepperoni for me. Oops, did I just call my son boring? I didn't mean that!

Now it's time for you to comment on your favorite pizza and how it goes with your personality.


Cheers to all of you who love a good coupon, great pizza and clean teeth!

And,

I will be setting up a fund under the name of "Kuhl-Kids at the Kuhl-Man House" just in case you feel the need to help fund the cost of the cavities we created by letting our kids have soda tonight. (That is a joke if you didn't get it.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll go get an artichoke heart/sun dried tomato/pesto pizza with you anytime!!!

YUM!!! My fav too!

$700 for teeth cleaning. Yikes. With that kind of bill it would be hard to do the every 6 month thing that they recommend. I wish I could contribute to the Kuhl fund - maybe helping clothe Josh will help out (and feeding your dog treats!)

Unknown said...

P.S. With all those teeth cleaning bills and pizza...does Michael get to eat?

:)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online