Monday, March 2, 2009

It's Monday Again


I love the weekends when my husband and kids are home and we can enjoy each other. The business of the week is gone and we can slow things down a bit. But the down side is that the house gets messy.

Then Monday hits and boy does it hit hard! I can't ever seem to get my body going, it wants to continue to be lazy and stay in the comfort of my bed. OK, it's not just Mondays but most every day. I don't know how my kids do it. They pop out of bed 5:30 ish to greet the day and they are off running. I've pretty much got them trained in the whole school routine so that I can role out of bed a half and hour before they leave for school, just enough time to touch base about the day and kiss them goodbye.

The best is when one of my children decides to bless me by emptying the dishwasher before they leave. This particular task is NOT my favorite. I would rather, vacuum, dust, do laundry, take out the trash, clean a toilet than unload a dishwasher. I know it doesn't take too long because I have timed it. Seriously! One day I was really fighting with the fact that the dishes were piling up from the day and started complaining to myself about how if the dishwasher was unloaded then I could easily load all the dishes. So I decided to time how long it took. 3 minutes and 45 seconds!! Wow! That didn't take too long. Now I don't see it as such a huge task. But I still don't like it!

This morning happened to be the morning that little Miss Emma decided to empty and load the dishwasher before she left for school. She even told me to leave any hand washing dishes for her to do after school because she loves hand washing. Does this child belong to me? What a perfect surprise for me, especially on a Monday! Oh, did I mention that my love language is acts of service? Yep, I feel really loved this morning! I think I'll get a sweet little note for Emma and stick it on her desk at school when I take Josh. She really values words of encouragement.

Well that is all I can write for now, because it's Monday and I have a lot of acts of service to do for my family so that they feel loved. Do you read how I am trying to syke myself up to clean this darn house? Some days are just like that, I have to remind myself to clean with a happy heart and do it unto the Lord and out of love for my family. Some peppy music helps too.

Have a wonderful Monday!


1 comment:

runninggal said...

I love Sat morning - waking up knowing I get my wonderful husband and 2 precious kiddos for 2 straight days - this love of Sat is what makes Mon morning feel the complete opposite - sadness as they all go off to school. :(

I relate with your post!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online