Thursday, October 16, 2008

Breast Cancer Story: Part 1


I have never written my cancer story out. It is funny that as time passes the pain of what I went through gets less and less, and the details get kind of fuzzy. I thought that since I have recently celebrated the 3rd year anniversary of when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer I would take the time to get my story on paper or shall I say computer! I am not sure who this my help, but more than anything it is exciting to see how God works in hardships. To God be the glory if he uses my life circumstances to encourage and comfort others.

(2 Corinthians 1:3-5) "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any troubles with comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. "

My story really starts when I gave my life to the Lord. I have seen God mold me and shape me in so many ways since that day. Going through cancer was just another one of those growing experiences that brought me into a deeper, closer relationship with God.

Paul writes to the Ephesians and says,

"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms."


Paul prayed that the Ephesians would know Christ better. Christ is our model and the more we know him the more we will be like him. The hope we have is not that we will have a pain free life but the complete assurance of the victory we will have in Christ.

It took me so many years to understand this. I still struggle with this, but I hope that each day of my life, with each trial and blessing, I will know my precious Lord and Savior better and become more and more like him.

(Philippians 3:12-14) "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brother, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do:Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

I guess this was my lengthy introduction. Part 2 of my story will highlight my actual Breast Cancer story. How I discovered it, how I treated it and the many blessing that came from it.



1 comment:

Cathy said...

What an inspiration and encouragement you are to so many, Kristin. I loved getting to talk to you in the car back to Salem about the details of this and can't wait to read it here!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online