Monday, October 6, 2008

ACSI Convention

Wednesday afternoon I left for Portland with my co-worker and friend from school. We were headed for a Christian School's Conference at the Convention Center. After dropping off her kids in Mcminnville we headed to our hotel, the Red Lion which was right across from the Convention Center. We left at 1:00 and finally arrived at 9:00. What a drive! We found our room and our roommates. Both of the other roommates were teachers that my kids have. Four ladies in one small room with one bathroom. What fun!!

Thursday and Friday were filled with seminars and fabulous Christian speakers. The worship time was so good too. Thursday night most of the teachers walked down to Newport Bay to eat by the Loyd Center and tried to make it back for the Vise Presidential Debates - which we saw only the last part of. Then we stayed up a little too late chatting!

Friday after the conference everyone left but the two pre-school teachers. We spent the evening shopping, mainly window shopping at the Loyd Center. I ran into a high school friend who was eating dinner at the food court with his wife. It's a small world!We got back to our room which had two less people in it. We have our own bed. Yeah! Saturday was the Early Childhood Conference. We were so tired by Saturday nothing seemed to wake us up enough. Not even the Starbucks coffee! I think it was all the sitting we were doing. Of course, we did walk a lot! Never once did we use the car to get around. We hoofed it even in the rain!

Saturday at 3:00 we left Portland to get my friend's kids and headed over the mountain. I enjoyed the fellowship with the other teachers and feel like I got to know them better. I also learned some great early childhood stuff (too tired to regurgitate it right now!) I was ready to get home to see my hubby and kids. What a surprise I got when I opened the door. All four kids had decorated the house with streamers and posters welcoming home. They also jumped out from behind the couches to greet me. You can't ask for a better home welcoming than that! Oh Yeah- the house was sooo clean.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Long time, no blog:) Good to catch up with your happenings. And what a sweet family you have!!! "She is called blessed"

Anonymous said...

Kristin! I found your blog through Julie Oneill's. Looks great! You are so creative in your "blog decor"! I am so glad that you are part of our family of teacher's here at CCS. You are doing an AMAZING job with those little ones, and I am so proud of you! I am continuing to pray for your health and pain management. Let me know if I can ever help you in any way. Keep up your great writing! I have no idea how you find time for this too...;-) Holly Mahnke

Anonymous said...

Kristin, I'm glad to hear you all had a great time!! Hope you're feeling well - blessings to you as you sleep tonight!

Yule {b}Log said...

Welcome home!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online