Thursday, October 9, 2008

I Love School Pictures!!




The kids got their school pictures today! I have gotten some very interesting pics in the past. You just never know how they will turn out. I hesitate to get them done because they cost so much money and I would rather go to Sears where I can monitor their smiles and such! But I decided long ago to let that go and get them done at school. As the kids get older they want to take more ownership or control over what they wear and how to do their hair. Last year Mandi wanted to do something weird with her hair and I vetoed it. Unfortunately I handled it a little too harshly and it caused tears which in return showed red and puffy eyes in the picture. Mandi is so thankful that last years picture will now be taken down and a new one put up. The lessons we learn!!

This year I was so pleasantly surprised at how perfect all the kids looked. I am overjoyed at the outcome and have to share them with all of you! I laid out all of their pictures from the very beginning of school and had a great big cry. They are growing up way too fast.

My oldest is almost 13! Translated...TEENAGER!!!! I remember so vividly the day she started preschool at Miss Vicki's Preschool in Grants Pass. Nine years have past so quickly. She has turned into a beautiful girl inside and out. It won't be long before the boys are knocking at our door. Honestly, I'm not ready for that and neither is Michael!

Then there's Jeff who is looking much older than ten. He is getting taller every day. One of these days he will tower over me. I can't believe how mature he has gotten this year. He is taking school so seriously. I am so proud of him!

Emma is my little beauty who has come a long way. I remember the early years when we wondered if she would ever talk normal. Several years of speech therapy and some wonderful teachers later she is talking great and reading well. Many people notice that she has an English accent. They want to know where it comes from. Who Knows? But I love it and hope it sticks. She makes us laugh so hard. She has a sense of humor much like my mom's.

Them there is my cutie patutie Josh! I am so thankful that this kid made it into our family. Just think, I thought I was so done with three kids. God knew I needed a little tag along to love on when all the other kids were going their own way. I can't get enough of his sweetness! I love having him in my preschool class. He acts completely different than at home. At school he is the almost 5 year old amongst several three year olds. He is big man on campus! Josh has shown so much progress in the shyness area lately. It has been great to see him come out of his shell.

All this rambling and all I wanted to do was post a few pictures. It is always so good to take time and reflect how the kids have grown spiritually, physically, and emotionally over the years. It does wonders for the Mommy's heart. Right now I'm Smiling!

2 comments:

Alisa Johnston said...

They are great pictures of beautiful children! I can't believe how time is flying. I can't believe your baby is almost 5! I can't believe our girls are turning 13 this year!!

Anyway, these really are super good pix! Can't wait to see you all in person though!

Karyn said...

Your children are just beautiful...just like their mama!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online