Tuesday, September 2, 2008

1st Day of School!!

Hi all- Just a quick note to let you know that my first day as a preschool teacher was just perfect! I had the best day with 13 precious 3 year olds. I am in awe of how loving they are. I am so tired though and am glad I have a day to recoup. I am not use to being on my feet all day. My kids had a great day at CCS also.

Mandi is now a 7th grader and has her very own locker. She made it to each class successfully without being tardy and leaves for Wild Horse Camp tomorrow for 3 days. When she comes home she'll start volleyball.

Emma loves her new teacher and is very happy to have her friends from her old school there. She also met a few new friends. She is on a roll in being ready for school each morning. She has set her alarm for 6 a.m. ,laid out her clothes and she even packed her own lunch the minuet she got home for school on her own. I think she has gotten the picture that mommy has other things on her mind lately.

Jeff had a rough start to school. Last night at 5:00 he went off his bike jump one last time before summer vacation ended and landed on his arm. We were in the ER for four hours. He broke it pretty bad. They put on a temporary cast and referred us to an orthopedic surgeon. Michael took Jeff this afternoon to the surgeon who decided to try and put the bone back in place instead of surgery. We have to wait a week to see if this works. I honestly don't want to go through another surgery. I pray that this works. Anyway, Jeff went to school this morning with one functioning arm and a little Vicadin in him. He didn't want to miss his first day. Tonight as he was trying to function with one arm he told me that he felt bad for the people who just have one arm. He said life is much harder. I think he is handling this great, of course it has slowed him down a lot. I'd post a picture but my camera broke today at school. Bummer!

Joshua went to school with me this morning and had a great time playing. Tomorrow he gets to go to his pre-k4 class. He says he's ready but most of you know the separation anxiety he goes through. I read him "The Kissing Hand". If you haven't read this book to your children I recommend checking it out at the library. It is a precious book.

Real quick- I have to tell you what Josh told me the other night. It was 11 pm and I was cutting out letters for school. I was very tired and a bit grumpy. Josh was still up trying to get some mommy time. I was really trying to be patient and loving at such a late hour. He told me out of the blue that he wanted to go to heaven. I have never been told that by any of my children before. It took me by surprise. I asked him why and he said "I just want to see what Jesus and God looks like anyway!" We had a great discussion after that. I just love those little moments. Now I am glad that Josh and I were up together at such a late time.

To rap it up- Our 1st day of school ended with a special surprise visit from my mom and dad. They just came over to see my room and connect with the kids about their first day and me too. My mom was taking pics of me in my room and at my desk just like she did 28 years ago on my first day of school. I guess a mother never stops being a mom!! We all ate dinner at Pappy's so that I had less dishes to do and it was a quick meal. Thanks mom and dad for driving all that way to support me and the kids on our 1st day. It was a wonderful surprise!

This got longer than I thought. I hope I didn't bore you with too many details!

1 comment:

Alisa Johnston said...

Glad you had a good day! Poor Jeff though! We are praying for him!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online