Thursday, September 18, 2008

God Has It All Under Control

I have many times wondered if God knew what He was doing. Yes, my head knowledge knows that God is in control but I must admit my heart cries out why Lord? Life is so temporal and we can not see the big picture. I guess if we could that would take faith out of the picture.

Daily God is working with me to trust Him fully. Not just on the good days when life goes the way I want it to but every day. Trust Him on those rotten,no good days when it is much easier to throw up my arms and say I give up.

I want to share a portion of an email that my Grandmother wrote me yesterday. She is in her 80's and has seen her share of hard times. Her letter to me yesterday was very inspirational and encouraging. This is why we need older women of the faith in our lives. Titus talks about it and encourages it. This portion of her letter shares a quote from Charles Stanley. Please read and be encouraged.
(Grandma, thank you and I love you!)

In my worn Bible I had written a quote from Charles Stanley years ago : "Don't waste the adversities of your life when He has allowed each one of them, by His Sovereign will (and foreknowledge)----finding in Jesus alone the all sufficient matchless grace. ---All the new things we learn of God, we learn through ADVERSITY. He grabs our attention through TRIALS, wanting to teach us new truths of His Word. Adversity can crowd us to Christ and to lay hold of a greater depth of faith and trust in God."


Now go back to the top of my blog. The plaque I got for my birthday sits just above my kitchen sink in my window sill. It reminds me every day that indeed God has it all under control. What Joy, peace and comfort we can have in that truth.

1 comment:

mummee said...

It is time to go to bed. I was in bed for 10 minutes when I felt the urge to read your blog. God does have it all under control and we are praying for you and the whole family. Thank you for your thoughts and feelings, and your desire to trust God in all things. I love you my daughter. Dad and I are praying. Love Mom

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online