Saturday, September 13, 2008

Governor Mike Huckabee Plays with Michael's Band (video below!)

Central Oregon ComeUnity Band

Michael leading with Huckabee in background

Governor Huckabee rockin' on bass

Michael led worship for the High Desert Men's Summit this weekend and Governor Mike Huckabee was the special guest who played bass for two of the opening songs Friday night. Today, he was the keynote speaker for the Summit.

I was able to attend a reception to meet Governor Huckabee with my two oldest children, Michael and his mom and dad. Jeff got his cast signed by Huckabee and Mandi was excited to meet him because she loves what he stands for in politics. (She is my political girl)

The Holy Ground Community Concert on Friday night was wonderful. It was a special time of worship with about 2500 people from all over Central Oregon. Michael said it was amazing to see so many people worshiping God together with all of their hearts.

He just got home from the Men's Summit tonight and told us how wonderful the day went. The speakers were very inspirational and motivating. He said 1500 men were present.

It is very exciting to see this taking place in Central Oregon!


2 comments:

runninggal said...

looks like Michael was having fun!

www.runninggalinsights.blogspot.com

the griffin familia said...

Hi Kristin!!!
Gerald and I enjoyed watching the video with Michael and Mike Huckabee! :)!!! Your family is so beautiful!!! I can't believe how big Amanda is-I remember the night (or was it the wee hours of morning :)) that she was born. I was with Kimmie in our dorm room waiting for the word. Time flies too fast. Say hello to Kim and Jeremy for me. I think about them often.
Jenni

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online