Thursday, September 25, 2008

Please Pray For My Mom

My mom heard from her doctor today. She was diagnosed with melanoma cancer this summer and has been through several procedures to remove the cancer in her arm. After one surgery and three other in office visits of trying to remove the cancer they still are not getting clear margins. Her doctor has been consulting with other doctors on what to do next. The thought is that she will need to go through chemotherapy and radiation to make sure that the cancer is completely gone. This isn't for sure yet but most likely. I ask that you will lift her up in prayer. Pray that she will be at peace with this news and that she will cling to God through this time. She is an strong woman. She is very active so I know that if this has to be done, she will come through just fine. Her strength right now really amazes me.

Thanks for your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a melanoma stage 3 survivor. tell your mom to stay positive and 2 places that are great resources to fight melanoma are The Cancer Treatment Centers of America and (UPMC)-The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, contact the office of Dr. Kirkwood. They have one of the top melanoma treatment centers in the world there. Hope this helps and if you would need any more info please just contact me. I have a blog on cancer on google under name beatcancer ~ Mark

Cathy said...

We are praying for you all, Kristin.

It was so good to talk to you the other day. Let's not let that much time pass in between visits again!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online