Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our work as mothers does matter...

because it matters to God. Wear your title with confidence, yet with humility and with honor.

Isn't it overwehlming yet wonderful to know that we have the power to influence and mold our children. This little human being was given to ME to love. God chose me to be the mother of these 4 precious children. As I mentioned before the task seems huge most days but with God's grace, love and help I can do it. You can do it! God doesn't give us a job without equipping us first for it. My greatest prayer is not that my children obtain wealth, fame, or success in this world, but that they will learn that God loves them and learn to love and serve God with all their heart.


I took a piece of plastic clay
And idly fashioned it one day;
And as my fingers pressed it still,
It moved and yielded at my will.

I came again when days were past,
The form I gave it still did last
And as my fingers pressed it still,
I could change that form no more at will.

I took a piece of living clay,
And gently formed it day by day,
And molded with my power and art,
A young child's soft and yielding heart.

I came again when days were gone;
It was a man I looked upon,
He still that early impress bore,
And I could change it never more.

author unknown

I look at my oldest daughter who is becoming a teen. I wonder how much longer I will still have the power to influence and mold her? And at the same time I have a four year old who still has many years of my molding and shaping. I am not the same woman today raising my young son that I was when my first three were his age. It just caused me to reflect and thank God for his grace and mercy and help along the way. God doesn't want me to do it on my own but in His strength and His wisdom from the Bible.

I thank God for the wonderful occupation of being a mom and that He is the perfect role model and helper.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

"My greatest prayer is not that my children obtain wealth, fame, or success in this world, but that they will learn that God loves them and learn to love and serve God with all their heart."

AMEN! You put it so well Kristin.

That picture of you is GORGEOUS!!!
You hottie you.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online