Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I am afraid that my blog has become a medical report! I wish I had a lot more to write about but aches, pains and broken bones are my life right now.

Yesterday I went to see a new doctor. I have seen so many doctors in the last 3 years I can't remember them all! I saw Dr. Hadden, a Neuro Surgeon. The last two months I have been experiencing lots of pain in my neck, back and arm. This pain has been off and on for the last few years, but after being diagnosed with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, and having surgery for it in April, I thought my days of pain were gone. I was pain free all of June and July. What an amazing feeling it is to feel free of pain after having it so long.

Well it didn't last for long. I started having pain in my neck with lots of headaches in August. I thought that maybe I needed to see a chiropractor but kept putting it off and lived with it. The first week of teaching preschool I noticed that the pain went away and I was living pain free. It was a wonderful week! The next week it came back a lot worse.

I made an appointment with the chiropractor and when I saw him I didn't like what he had to say. He said that he wouldn't adjust me but would rather sent me to the neuro surgeon. That brings us to the present.

Dr. Hadden has diagnosed me with three degenerating discs, progressive arthritis and a herniated disc. The question was what in the world did I do to cause such problems at such a young age. I liked the young age part cause I really don't feel young any more, but I couldn't tell him anything. I have never been in an accident of any kind.

So, the first thing that I get to do is have a spect scan where I am injected with dye and the dye highlights the areas that are inflamed. From there my doctor will do cortisone injections to try and relieve the pain. He said that this could help from anywhere between 2 weeks or 2 years. What a range! When this doesn't work anymore then he will look at the possibility of fusing the discs.

Until I have the injections I am managing my pain with some strong drugs that he prescribed. I felt much better today than I have in awhile. The drugs are working, but they make me really sleepy. The praise is that I made it through work today!

My favorite song was on KLOVE tonight, "Praise Him In The Storm". I was reminded again to praise God in every and all circumstances. Nothing will stop me from praising Him. I am getting through every day with God's strength. I am praying that my body will be healed but if that is not God's will then I will use this pain to bring Him glory.

Psalm 63

O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.

I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your
glory.
Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with the
richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will
praise you.

On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches
of the night.
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.

1 comment:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online