Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Change of Heart

Check out Lyla's blog which is under "my blog list" on the right side of my blog. She is writing on being an "On-Purpose Home Keeper" I encourage you to take the time to read this. It is good stuff, and a great reminder to all wives and mothers. I sure do appreciate Godly council from older women who have learned through experience how to manage their homes. Am I creating a sanctuary for my husband and children? What is robbing my time of doing that? And, is my heart attitude keeping me from doing that?

Michael said last night that I was spending too much time on the computer. This is his kind way of saying that things are not getting done around the house. True, I have spend a great deal of time at the computer working on my blog. I love working on it, but my daily work at home has been piling up. Laundry is a mile high, the dishes are never completely done and if you could see my bedroom you would die! I am thus convicted by the Holy Spirit after reading Lyla's blog to reschedule my time. I need a change of heart in how I view my responsibilities at home, and I need to find joy in the mundane things that ultimately makes my husband and children happy like: clean clothes, a tidy kitchen, a bedroom that is inviting.

So no more writing about it! I need to get off the computer and get to work! Like I tell my children..."Do it with a happy heart, it pleases Mommy and God greatly!"

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Amen, sis! And you need to see me too!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online