Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Will Hope In You, O God

Why is my soul downcast?
Why am I disturbed deep within my being?
I will hope in You, O God; I will yet praise You
For the help of Your presence.
O my God, my soul is downcast withing me;
Therefore I will remember You.
Why is my soul downcast?
Why am I disturbed deep within my being?
I will hope in You, O God; I will yet praise You,
The help of my countenance and my God.
(Psalm 42:5-6,11)

I woke up feeling very downcast today. I wasn't sure what was wrong and why I was feeling so blue. Especially since the weather was beautiful. Psalm 42 just happen to be the chapter I was reading for devotions. Isn't it so special when God speaks to us. He knows what we need before we do. What if I chose to forgo my time with the Lord this morning and tried to make it through the day all by myself? Really, the day could have been a complete disaster. Thank you God for knowing what I need and communicating it to me. I will hope in You and praise You because You are my God. I will give you thanks because You are good and Your love endures forever.

I would have lost heart unless I had believed
That I would see Your goodness, O Lord,
In the land of the living.
I will hope in You and be of good courage,
And You will strengthen my heart;
Yes, I will hope in You, O Lord.
(Psalm 27:13-14)

My soul waits in hope for You, O Lord;
You are my help and my shield.
My heart rejoices in You,
Because I trust in Your holy name.
Let Your unfailing love be upon me, O Lord,
Even as I put my hope in You.
(Psalm 33:20-22)

As for me, I will always have hope,
And I will praise You more and more.
My mouth will tell of Your righteousness
And of Your salvation all day long,
Though I know not its measure.
I will come and tell of Your mighty acts;
I will proclaim Your righteousness- Yours alone.
Since my youth, O God, You have taught me,
And to this day I declare Your wondrous deeds.
(Psalm 4:8)


No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online