Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The newest member of the family

Let me introduce to you the newest member of the family....Janie, the cute kitty that you see above. I think that we may have finally completed our family and let me say that the girls out number the boys for sure. Four kids, a dog and a kitten sure makes for a full house.

Friday, when Michael and I were picking up Mandi from school, I knew something was up when I didn't see her in her usual place in line. Nope...she just happened to be one of the many kids gathered around the box that contained six kittens. Yes, some smart mother thought it would be a great way to get rid of a litter of kittens. Mandi spotted and claimed the cute gray thing that you see above as her very own. The other three kids were in the car and they were out running to Mandi and the kitten before we could say no. So we parked the car and joined them with every intention of saying "NO". I think we said no many times but were not heard because, well, we were out numbered four to two. Then it happened. I found myself saying yes. I must have been crazy, out of my mind, and most assuredly not thinking clearly. Michael was just plain speechless.

That night we shopped for all the necessities and the kids gave her the name, Janie. It's not really a cat kind of name like cuddles, or precious, but it seems to fit the other girl name they gave our Golden Retriever, Leigha. Speaking of Leigha, they have become fast friends. I think?! I found the two of them cuddling on my bed last night. Isn't that just too precious for words? Actually it looks like Leigha is thinking..."have I been replace by this little puff ball?" We are trying to give Leigha extra attention and love so she doesn't feel replaced or forgotten.


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Kitties! So yummy when they're little!

Amanda said...

So, don't know if you're checking your email...but want to do girls night out....Friday? Cathy and Karyn are invited too!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online