Friday, June 20, 2008

The best way to spend a Birthday.....FAMILY!!

Yesterday I turned 34! I wasn't too excited about creeping up another number in my thirties, however, I had a fabulous day. I am thankful because God has given me another year to enjoy family and friends. Its funny because pre cancer I never thought of it that way. Going through something like that changes the way you look at life.

I decided to take the kids and drive to Aumsville to be with family. Michael stayed behind to work but the children and I are having a great time in the valley. The only bummer thing is that my allergies are really bad over here. It brings back memories of living in the valley. I definitely love where I live now, but it sure is pretty over here. Flowers every where and it so green.

Yesterday my mom had a big doctors appointment for the melanoma cancer that they found on her arm. It was just a consultation appointment. The doctors seem hopeful that it was caught in the early stages. On June 30 she will go in for a wide incision surgery to remove the cancer. They will also do a dye test to see if it had spread to the lymph nodes. I have not been able to spend a lot of time with her because she works this weekend but last night we all went out for pizza to celebrate my birthday and my Kimmie and Jeremy's anniversary. She seems to be in good spirits. We are all praying that surgery alone will be all she needs to take care of this cancer.

I got to enjoy a few hours out with my sister, Kimmie. Jeremy stayed home with 6 kids so we could do some sister bonding. We went to lunch at Changs Mongolian Grill and spent some time shopping. I love hanging out with her. We are just 16 months apart in age and close. I have been praying lately that God would give Jeremy a teaching job in the Central Oregon area. I would love to live closer to them. He has been putting out applications every where in Oregon. There also may be some oppurtunities around the Aumsville area.

The kids are having a blast playing with their little cousins, Isabella(2) and Natalie(1). Tonight I am watching the girls so Kim and Jeremy can go out and celebrate their 9th anniversary. The girls are adorable and growing so quickly. I have taken lots of pictures that I will share when I get home.

Isabella watering the flowers. This picture made it into the Salem newspaper!

Natalie being so cute!!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Fun! Happy Birthday a little late:) I'm so glad you got to go! What sweet pictures!

So hopeful for your mom as well.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online